November 10, 2007

Reeder's Digest

When we moved here to Oklahoma, we met a lady in our church who was just so fun to spend time with. Our first time over to her house we got to talking about her house and how much work she has put into it just by herself; she just needed shelves for some food storage. Mark knows how to build sturdy things, so he volunteered for the job. I was a little skeptical seeing is how all we had to work with was what's in the picture above and a box of nails! But it took off when Mark got working.
After 700 nails and lots of arm pain, Mark and I finished the shelves for Ruth. I only hammered about 200 or so, but I did come up with some time-saving, sturdy-ensuring ideas. Regarding those ideas, Mark had to tell me, "Jayci, I'm sure glad you're smart." He made my day.

6 comments:

Liz Ann said...

What a handy couple y'all make. That is awesome that he lets you help him build things and listens to your ideas. Anthony would never let me near his tools. I guess I'm not good enough :-( Well, the shelves turned out great. I'm pretty sure that lady was very grateful.

Jamie Smith said...

Our blogs have similary posts right now! Mark is so nice to do that. What a giving couple you are!! :)

Marie said...

How fun to build something together and how much more special for it to be for someone else who needs it! Very nice job - bravo!

aubreyannie said...

what a cool and handy couple you are! and how nice to help out your ward member.

aubreyannie said...

jayci, email me so i can have your email and can tell you what i did with the orange chicken. happy birthday on tuesday!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh Mark????? So what are you and your hammer doing when you come to Las Vegas? I know a house that needs to be worked on...guess whose?