November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Reeder's Digest

Now that we're home from a very enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday, it can be blogged about! I wouldn't doubt it if I've never had a busier holiday weekend before now. It was a record setter. My purse-calendar was nearly full for each day we were there. Just like my belly.
Mark and I slept in the car Thanksgiving Eve because we didn't like the idea of leaving a hotel early (after paying for only 5 hours of sleep) and then rushing to find a parking spot. It was much better this way. We flew into Utah at about 8:30 and were picked up from the airport by the Reeder's on their way out to Brigham City for Grandma Reeder's farm. There were 50 people there for dinner. Can you believe it? Neither can I. Grandma Reeder has a large room in the back of her house where there were about 6 tables set up. It was some party, and Mark's brother and sisters in law were the life of the party. I finally got to sit at 'the cool kid's table.'
.
Below is a picture of all the Reeder's there for the holiday. We were missing Mo and Tory (Mark's brother and his wife). Behind us is the slough that freezes over every winter so they can go ice skating for miles and miles. It was just barely frozen around the edges. It looked cold!

After dinner we went skeet/clay pigeon shooting and then took all the pictures with all 50 people. Stacey's nephew Johnny (who's a Benson, not a Reeder) was the photographer. All the old ladies were saying, "Oh! Who's that? He's a looker." Poor Johnny (he's in the blue sweatshirt below), Mark is next to him in his leather jacket, who's next to Paps Reeder, and then that's Mike in the white. Now all I needed were the Judds. But Tessa, my sister, got to join me for some fun later on.
What a family I have; I'm thankful.

8 comments:

aubreyannie said...

what a sweet family you married in to. i'm glad you had a nice thanksgiving. that dinner plate looks yummy. and is making me hungry...

Jayci said...

I know, me too! Even though we should all be sick and tired of turkey, I miss it! I ate leftovers for the whole time after that meal and I'm still craving them.

Beth said...

What a fun Thanksgiving? 50 people!! How does one begin to cook for that many people? Also, I would've totally gone for sleeping in the car as well. Although, didn't you get cold? I hate paying for hotels when you are only going to be there a short while! Glad that you had a nice trip!

kris said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! I love big family get togethers. Good food, good times! I hope you feel better soon! Stop over whenever you feel better!

Liz Ann said...

Thanks for your inspiring comment on my page. I feel so much better after teaching that lesson. I was emotionally exhausted though. As soon as I got home I slept the whole day.
Anyways, on to your thanksgiving. That sounds like you had so much fun. I can't believe y'all slept in your car. That is so funny. It reminds me when we had to sleep in our car with our 2 kids for St. Patty's day. We didn't do it by choice though, there wasn't any hotels left in San Antonio. I'm glad you got to see all of your family, well Mark's family.

Dixon's said...

I cannot believe you slept in your car!! You are crazy. Weren't you scared someone would come and tap on your window while you were sleeping, or watch you sleep? I think I would pay for a hotel room just to be able to go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. Glad you had fun though!!

Jayci said...

Sleeping in the car wasn't so bad. I packed pillows and a blanket. Mark said he didn't 'need' one. Every couple of hours we'd wake up to turn the car on so it'd heat up. Don't worry, Christina! I put our toothbrushes in a little bag inside my purse for easy access. I can't go that long without brushing my teeth either!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I loved this post!!!!

First off, have you seen the movie Brigham City? It is terrifying.

Cutest pictures and what fun things to do on Thanksgiving. We just sit around and eat...ya know, gettin fat.