April 23, 2008

color me again

I just had to go back with all this Spring Fever in the air! This time I took a girl friend of mine, Chrissy, and we had a blast. Her favorite holiday ever is Christmas so she did a snow-man platter. It was the last one and was actually designed and made by a woman in the Anchorage area. So she had to snatch the last one while she could! When we decided we wanted to go, I knew I wanted to do either a pot or a huge mug, but I didn't know how I wanted it to look. When I was trying to do pink polk-a-dots, I realized via happy accident, that if you waved the brush a certain way and brought it away from the surface at the same time, it actually made a rose! I went to town with the Queen of Hearts when I found that one out.
I left the handle the clay-white and did little roses inside and out with little green bee-lines instead of leaves. The whole of the outer-side of the mug is sea-sponged with green avocado. 
I'm soup-er excited about this mug. When I get the final version back next week, I'll post a picture with the finished ducklings as well. 

9 comments:

C&C said...

so so so cute! i LOVE painting pottery! this inspires me to get all crafty with my newfound spare time (at least until spring term starts!). good work jayci!

Liz Ann said...

Your so creative and artsy. The mug is adorable

KristenL said...

I really want to visit this place. You are so artsy...I love, love, love the mug.

Holly said...

I LOVE color me mine! Your mug is so cute--I can't wait to see the finished product! Isn't it so fun to go there? Curt & I should do that again for a date sometime soon...thanks for reminding me about it! :)

MC Lewis said...

Cute,we have a place like that near our house that I want to take Mark to for our date night!

Mars said...

CUTE! This turned out adorable. You're so creative so I'm not surprised. I've wanted to go to one of those places. There are a few here in AZ by my house. Maybe if you come visit one day or when I come to Alaska we can go be creative together with our little pea pod brains.

aubreyannie said...

so cute! you are really having me wanting to go now, too!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Wanna know something funny? I painted the exact same style soup mug thing this week...except mine is Aqua and Black with white polka dots. I love yours!

Anonymous said...

your creation is so cute! I love doing stuff like that! It's fun to make things and be creative!