Spring Fever is in full bloom in my mind. Since the trees aren't
blooming yet (they're almost there), I've had to do what I can to make myself feel
Spring-y. Above are my elusive glasses! My eye allergies are still in '
full bloom' so unless I'm wearing my contacts, I can barely see, even
with the new prescription! And eye allergies are the reason I'm not pictured with my glasses; my eyes have been itchy and red, so I don't think it would have been a nice introduction to such cute eye wear!

These two trays I
painted like mosaics for night stands to collect miscellaneous pocket dwellers. The blue/turquoise one was for my nightstand (I'm getting pretty anxious to be in a real home), and when I showed my sister, she said she liked it. I asked what colors she would like and she said "
pink and green"; leave it to her to pick out the cutest things. I even like hers better than mine (I can't believe this still happens now that we're practically adult sisters, and I'm the age I am). So! happy belated, little sis! And happy
spring, Alaska!
11 comments:
so cute! and so nice to make it for your sister!
fevah! i have that song in my head now. i have that cd actually. it is definitely not spring yet here. it's cold and windy and rainy. brrr! so, i hope spring comes quickly to alaska. i also love your new cute glasses. i'm sorry that your allergies aren't being fun so you can't model them for us!
Love the glasses and the trays! And if spring is as slow coming to Alaska as it is to Idaho, it will never come!
1. I LOVE your new classes. I bet they look adorable & classy on you...even with red eyes from allergies
2. Those trays look really cool! How did you paint them like that? Did you have a pattern or something or make it up as you go? I'm sure you just made it up as you went & it turned out THAT good. You're so creative like that.
3. I am enjoying spring here in AZ & am dreading summer to a point...but only because sometimes I really don't like 115* weather...even as much as I like the sun. 90's right now is perfect.
YES! I'm so happy I'm getting rave reviews. ha
Tessa - so you were able to move those beds together? I bet it's nice having a huge room to yourself. Sorry to spoil the surprise on here! But I was too in love with the colors.
Aubrey - It is one of my favorite songs; especially to have stuck in your head. Spring is coming quickly here. We've been able to open all the windows the last couple of days and enjoy the cool breezes. It's perfect! The snow is almost gone too.
Kris - thanks! I love the glasses too. I just wish my eye allergies would go away!
Mauri - aww, you thought I could have used a stencil? I didn't think they were THAT good. Thanks. I just made it up as I went. I would only do one color at a time to save brushes, and so I'd do spots at a time. I would be dreading the summer there too! Come up if you need to cool down. ;)
I feel for you. Linda has terrible allergies this year and I see how it affects what you can do. But it's beautiful here. (except for the windy days) The desert flowers are in full bloom too. We think of you and Mark often and hope all is going well. Love you.
Love your art!! :)
Way cute glasses and trays! You are so talented!(Do you want to make some trays for me...?!) Sorry about the allergies--Curt has a hard time with them too, so I can understand how miserable it must be. I can't wait to see a picture of you IN the glasses!
Eye allergies? What a bummer. That sounds painful and aggravating at the same time
I absolutely love those night stands you made! They are so beautiful and crafty! =)
jayci, thanks for your comment on my post. that is what i've always thought..what that friend of yours did..that i would merely get implants to restore them to what they used to be. nothing huge or anything, just SOMEthing. because what i used to have was perfect. a B. that's all i would want. but now that ava is in the picture and any other young girl i have influence over, i think i'm going to opt out and just get a good bra. thanks again! have a great earth day!
Dr. Mumford says "Great Choice!" on your new specs. We miss you in Altus and hope you are doing fantastic! (Love your blog by the way...you're so creative!)
Lisa
Post a Comment