April 30, 2008

happy things

We are still in the house process, but it is winding to a quick close; we're hoping by this weekend. Especially since some family is coming into town. The many inches of snow is quickly melting, and today it is drizzly and glorious. I can't not love drizzly days. My history class is winding to an end, after I had a 1920's culture paper due a couple of days ago. It was long but really interesting. I compared the advertisements, popular values and priorities to today's popular culture. It is such a fast-paced time; everything seemed indestructible. As for the snow day we had last weekend, we had to let Buckwheat leap around in his version of white dirt, and he certainly did! Here is a video of him that shows his jumping the best. Every now and then he would stumble or get stuck in the snow and wait for more energy to chase the invisible squirrels. Here is the leaping deer for your entertainment: 

*reminds me of 101 dalmatians when the puppies are trying to race through the snow. 

12 comments:

C&C said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but I CANT BELIEVE you ate NINE Scoreboard cheeseburgers in a week! I laughed for a while just thinking about that because you are small! I love scoreboard but i feel too guilty going there very much. plus then i have onion breath like all day, even if i put in some gum.

Jayci said...

don't get onions!! Enjoy them while you are there, they are delish!! Their fries are terrif as well. haha!

katherine said...

jayci! hey i saw you were one of aimee's friends on facebook & then i saw you had a blog & i was like ooohhh goody. ok, so i have had so much fun looking at every post on here. ha! ours is dkclarkes.blogspot.com. how's the new ward treating you guys? ours is taking some adjusting to, but i am in primary again & i love kids, so i am happy! that is good news that you guys are going to be in your house soon---hotels for a long time--ugh. well, chat to you later.

Holly said...

Good luck finishing with all your house stuff--it will feel so good when it's all done! And good for you for doing your history class so fast!

Wendy Christensen said...

That clip of your leaping dog was adorable! :) Happy May Day!!

KristenL said...

your dog is too fun. how come i haven't met him yet? I thought of you and him today as Luke was staring out the window through the blinds at the falling snow. wish we could all do that together. love your feet!
p.s. the books I've found lately are ones that my sister-in-law has read, or just ones from my shelf I haven't read yet. When I don't know what to read I totally look at the covers and titles though...then I skim through it to get a taste of the style.
p.p.s yarpder. that is my word verification. I really like that.

aubreyannie said...

lol! buckwheat is so cute..i love how he is practically LEAPING in the air. i love it!

enjoy your time with your family in town!

Amy said...

I'm lovin' the warm weather here--but I sure would have loved to see snow this past winter (even the drizzly days).

Lucky you. Cute dog too.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Sometimes.....I wish we had a animal but then I wake up and I have two! AHHHH!

Darci Buhl said...

I just love your blog! It's so artsy and fun. HOpe you guys are doing well...Darci

Brittany B said...

Your dog is so dang cute! He's like a little leaping deer.

Author Beginnings said...

Good Monday morning to you! :) Wendy here - I thought I would let you know about anothr blog I am launching! It is for book lovers and authors ... Author Beginnings (check it out)!! If you know a published author please send them to the blog and we'll feature him/her on the website and blog! www.bookbeginnings.com Thanks!