On a walk with the pup the other day, I was trying to take some snapshots of all the different trees in bloom, or trees about to blossom. It was beautiful knowing that Spring was finally here.
Most of the trees around here are either some variation of pine or aspen, but there are a few that I just have no idea what they are. I'll have to wait until my dad gets up here to learn just what they are.

Below is the picture of what the pussy-willow blossoms are turning into. Big yellow bee-looking blossoms. They still look soft! 
After all these Spring blossoms, this morning I woke up to .... drumroll please.... this:

It's still beautiful, fortunately. Perhaps I still think it's beautiful because I never truly lived anywhere (but BYU) that snowed. The sun is staying up until 10:00 and it stays light until 11:00 at night now. I'm shocked it's not 100 degrees here. I hear it is still possible to get a sunburn here, even with temperatures averaging 75-80 in the summer.
There has been so many more moose poking their heads out in to the roads, and they're acting more spooked because the bears are now awake... and hungry! Our friend saw a bear near the BX (Base Exchange) by a pond about 2 days ago. I'm taking my camera everywhere, don't you worry. Oh, that's a pretty bad reason why you shouldn't worry. Don't worry because we're taking our BEAR SPRAY everywhere. There. Feel better? I do!
Update: It's been snowing all day and now it's up to about 15 inches of snow and it's supposed to continue all night. So long, Spring.
8 comments:
bear spray? are you serious? a little can of spray will keep a bear from mauling you? jayci, i'm scared for you. please don't go LOOKING for bears. seriously.
on a happier note..i LOVE pussy willow trees. they are so soft and so beautiful
Other than I don't have to carry bear spray around (though we did have one in my neighborhood last fall), the weather up there is so vaguely familiar! Buds on the trees, and snow falling. I think mother nature has Idaho and Alaska confused (it snowed yesterday again)?
Stay safe and avoid the bears, or hitting the moose. I watched an episode of Mythbusters the other day where they tested whether or not driving faster when you are about to hit a moose decreased the damage... it didn't.
Aubrey - I won't. Don't you worry. But I do keep my eyes open while we're driving. And the can of bear spray is huge! It's just a giGANtic can of pepper spray. I just watched the new episode of Grey's Anatomy and the patients were Bear Attack victims. It was scary!
Kris - Our weather does sound similar to yours. What is going on?! Thanks for letting me know about that one... I had always wondered. I've loved this "Alaska Week" on the Discovery Channel.
I wish I had your photogrphy skills. Did you ever take a class?
Thanks, Lauren! I did take one class in High School, but I learned most of it from my mom's photos. :) Rule of Thirds, and making photos 'tight' around the subject you want in it. Thanks!
Gorgeous photos! Crazy about the springtime snowfall ...
Pretty pictures! You'll definitely have to see a bear (from a safe distance) so that we can all see the pictures you get :) Have fun enjoying the spring blooms. We just went through that explosion here in KY and it was beautiful. I'm glad I was here for it. Take care!
I haven't had time to read all of your posts that I've missed, but Paul was in here changing a diaper and he saw your photography and commented on what a talent you are. Of course I agreed. I always enjoy your creativity.
Post a Comment