To do this to myself:
After moments of panic, laughter, more panic, relief (when Mark saw it and said he loved it), then sobbing (after scary thoughts of showing up for church and work) and then finally acceptance... here is the proof that I did away with my brown trusses and exchanged them for some very golden locks. And oh my goodness, are they gold.
What? you want a closer look? here you are... be nice:
Then we went to see the Nutcracker in downtown Anchorage, featuring the Oregon Ballet Theatre:
It was beautiful. I would have taken pictures during the performance (no flash, of course), but it was not allowed. All the costumes and stage pieces have strict copyrights, unfortunately. I love the names given to the different sequences of dancers in the Palace of the Land of Sweets. Here are the cute little candy-land names: Spanish Hot Chocolate (my favorite), Arabian Coffee, and Tea from China. These cute and 'magical' numbers were followed by the Candy Canes, Marzipan Shepherdesses, the mighty Mother Ginger with her Polichinelles, and the beautiful Dewdrop and her flowers (Mark's favorite). The ballet company were guests from Oregon, and my friend's daughter was one of the little angel fairies (too adorable for words).
23 comments:
What a nice sister you have! That was sweet!
I love that you change up your hair! The gold will keep you looking warm all winter!
WOW - you look like a completely different person!! You look so pretty - I think both your natural color and these golden locks look great on you. I bet you would look pretty fierce with pink too - he he he ;) LOL Looks great!
Jayci, your hair looks totally HOT!!! You are one of the very few people that can do either blonde or brunette and wear both REALLY well! You look amazing! I love it!
What a fun change! You look so cute! I'm dying to go to The Nutcracker and am kicking myself that I never went in SF while I lived there.
How fun! You look great Jayci! I don't think you could look bad with any color hair!
I told you it look fabulous! Aaron and I went saw the Oregon Ballet perform a couple of years ago and loved it too.
You look gorgeous as always. I think you could pull anything off.
I am in love with the hair! You look amazing!
any chance you can convince my wife to do this?
Looks great! Good job for being brave, I don't think i will ever be that brave
Check out that sexy blond! Good thing Mark put a big rock on your finger to keep the guys away.
i love it..you look beautiful!!! i know how it is to make a big color change, it is a huge deal. but don't worry, it looks fantastic!
Love it.
You look amazing. Way to be brave and it turned out fabulous, maybe you can inspire me to one day be brave and dye my hair.
You chould have purple hair with black polka dots and you would still be the cutest girl I know. I actually perfer myself with lighter hair, but Jason only likes my hair long and dark. Dosen't give me much to work with. You go Girl!!!
yep Jayce is a hot blonde now. She went away from the dark side. I guess I kind of did first right Jayce? Well I went half way...So cute. And the Nutcracker I am going to one here too! Yes that is right you are still my Pod. :)
Hey Jayci! Can you email your address for a Christmas Card please? Thanks!
What a pretty golden blonde! Not too gold at all! I like it!
I love the hair!! Reminds me of our younger days as kids.
You look great! Love the hair! (Good job for having the guts to do it!)
I LOVE IT! good for you for not being to scared to do something to your hair. it looks great!
Looks good Jayci! You are so brave! :) My hair is getting more boring than ever and I think I am due for a change here soon...
See you in a few weeks right?
MERRY CHRISTMAS! I am so glad you share my love for the holiday season! I think I am driving Mo to drink with all the Christmas music!
XOXO
Tory
It's so fun to change things up a bit! You are BEAUTIFUL!!! I like it!
Post a Comment