December 8, 2008

strange

We are under 6 hours of daylight now, so it is dark when I drive to work and home from work. But I actually have been enjoying it; it's really relaxing and it makes things seem extra Christmas-y. 
What's weird has been that the last several weeks it has been snowy and foggy, but the last couple of days, the snow and ice have been melting! The Chinook winds have blown in from Hawaii and it has been raining in Alaska, in December! It's just too strange, but it happens every year, so I guess it's nothing out of the norm. 
Though winter is still looming, it hasn't been as biting as it has been the last couple of months. 

*the snowflake-picture were snowflakes that had fallen on my windshield before the glass warmed up. The car is freezing after work. So much so I have to wear gloves and touch the steering wheel as little as possible (just like a hot steering wheel in Las Vegas). 

7 comments:

Mars said...

that is a crazy amt of darkness. Love the snowflake shot. I totally know how it is not being able to touch the steering wheel. Only hot like vegas. When it's 115* out no matter what ur hands will burn off. PS I'm still waiting for ur response on my huge update e-mail AND I have more to add now...write me! I am no longer feelin' the love Jayce!

Smedley Family said...

just wait, you'll notice after christmas that we are gaining light. it's a nice feeling. the dark is fun though cause we don't have it in the summer. the warm winds are a bummer cause it makes everything look crapy. cars, regardless of color, all match with their matte brown poopy color, and the snow loses it's fluffy whiteness. but wait a little longer and in jan/feb we'll get the minus degree weather. that one is always fun when you breath in your nose and your nose hairs freeze!! haha, but it's still a fun place to live eh!

thanks for the fun last night! it was much needed

julia said...

you are a tough woman. i moved to LA cuz I couldn't brave the Indiana or UT cold. My husbands trick to defrost windows or locks is to throw regular temperature water on them, and it melts in seconds! too bad that doesn't work w/the steering wheel. Someone should invent heated gloves..

Matt and Tanya Wonderly said...

Rain? Melting snow? In Alaska? In December? Weird. Love your new hair style! It looks soo good! You are just beautiful Jayci, no matter what you do!!

Candace said...

It seems that having it be dark that much would be hard. I could see how it makes it seem more like Christmas though.

Vinnie said...

I hope you're keeping warm and especially HAPPY. I guess people get pretty depressed in the dark. But we think of you guys often. We miss you! Oh and, beautiful snowflake shot!

Chell said...

Jayci! :) Im so glad to be back in the blogging world (did a long blog today) and having a great time catching up on all my friends blogs!

I love the little bear that you sent your parents..too cute!

I also cannot believe that you have so much darkness at the moment. I dont know if I would be able to handle such cold. Im actually going to blog soon about the insane amount of sun we are having here!! :)

Hope you are well and that all the Christmas preperations are coming along nicely..:)