In each of the classrooms around the church, there were elaborate set ups and themes; many themed around other countries and cultures. Entire rooms were swathed in cloth, ornaments and lights. Below is a Chinese Paper umbrella from one of the prettiest rooms. 
And my very favorite nativity is below. It is so elaborate. The wise men were riding a horse, elephant, and camel. Everything about it screams 'don't touch.' The person who allowed this to be on display was very trusting:
They also had cute ones where the entire scene was portrayed by families of black bear, moose, or little mice. The animal families even had little angels. Here is one of the black bears.. notice the bear-mule? The little bear-angel on the right, looks like he's straining so hard not to slip, and then the little bear-sheep? I couldn't get enough. 
Here is a really interesting nativity from Germany:
I'm glad I went this year! I don't remember the ones from when I lived in Las Vegas, by my mom said they do this in lots of areas. It was great!
4 comments:
Jayci! We must have the same style, cause I took those same pix! But your camera does a better job, was this you new one!!???
i've been to something similar when we were living in colorado. it was so much fun to see all the different kinds of nativity sets and nativity pictures. paul's parents sent us a nativity from africa last year while they were on their mission and i love how unique it is.
How fun! Our ward didn't even have a Christmas party of any kind, so it would have been fun to have been able to go to this. I haven't been to a Christmas activity this year - maybe that's why I'm so scrooge-like... :)
That's is awesome!! It's so cool to see all different types of Nativity scenes. No matter if it's black bears or real people, it all still represents the same thing. Where all do they do this & do you know how you can find out where they are?
Post a Comment