December 5, 2008

who's got it?

The button(s)? I have them! And I used them...To make this cute little guy, today! At quilting, Jodi C. (C standing for the Creative genius that she is) came up with this 'mystery'. She gave us the measurements and the fabric, we just brought the embellishments. Little buttons and ribbons. I didn't use the ribbon, but I sure used the buttons! Most people doing this snowman did an entire face of small buttons or x-stitches. Jodi found these two antique buttons for me; they didn't even have holes for the needle. I just poked it through the fabric to stitch to the fabric. I LOVED their Wallace & Gromet effect they had when I put them on just a little crooked. So that's how they stayed. I skipped the nose and smile because they were just too charming by themselves. 
More buttons are on our tree! This year we skipped the shiny balls and only hung our shiny bells and all our cute, comely ornaments. It is so cozy...
Who's got the button? Yours truly!

5 comments:

Beth said...

cute quilting! I love buttons too and Claire shares your love as well. Her favorite toy is a treasure box full of buttons!

Anonymous said...

So, so cute! I love the little googly eye effect, and I agree, he doesn't need the rest of his face. It's too cute without. What a fun project.

The Willis Wonder Years said...

You are so creative and artsy! Is there anything you cannot do Jayci? Seriously, you are so good at everything! I love these holiday decorations made out of buttons! So adorable!

aubreyannie said...

oh i love your jingle bells! where did you get those? this year was the first year i let the kids decorate the tree entirely {without me editing it after they went to bed} instead of just letting them have free reign of the mini tree in their bedroom. it was very liberating and SO fun for them. i need to take a picture...

Larkin Family said...

You are so cute Jace! I love the snowman and ornament. Absolutely darling. Your hair is also darling, by the way. :)