March 27, 2009

20 weeks

So here I am at 20 weeks. This was taken on Monday night, I believe (courtesy of Mark's iphone). Since then, my belly has grown a little more. There have been 2 nights so far in this pregnancy where I have woken up and felt it growing, really!! It's the strangest sensation. It's tightens up and I feel little pulling. I have been able to feel the little boy every now and then and get all excited and shout, "baby!" Mark now knows that it means it's moving.

One worry: yesterday my ankles turned into little cankles!! Is this normal for almost 21 weeks? I'm a tad nervous... maybe it's all the restaurant salty foods and the little hike we tried yesterday. We met a guy in a gallery (who ended up making a commission... but that's another story yet to come) who's wife went into labor at 26 weeks and he said they caught it at just a 'regular check up'. But he said she was all swollen!! So you bloggity-mothers out there, tell me it's not a bad sign to get some swelling this early?!

So anyway, here's the picture I promised!! I better get back to Hawaii-ing.

Anyone hear about Redoubt erupting?? We might not get home on schedule...

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well swelling is usually common from my understanding but i experienced my swelling in my third term. They'll probably tell you to elevate your feet when you can, but if you are nervous about it you can call your doctors office and ask to talk with a nurse. If she can't answer it or isn't sure she'll ask the doctor for you. I am a better safe than sorry person who called when I had questions, because they would just fester in my mind if I wouldn't! ha

Cute belly bump!

Bayloretta said...

I'm not a mother yet, but I can tell you that my feet swell up like balloons any time I'm on a long flight or that I spend long days walking around in anything besides supportive shoes (i.e. flip flops, sandals, heels, etc.) Hopefully your swelling has more to do with your flying and walking than being pregnant. You look precious!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

You look fabulous! Seriously...so gorgeous! I am so excited for you!!

Holly said...

You don't even look pregnant yet! That's funny that you can feel your belly growing...it's such a weird thing to watch your belly grow by the day; just when you think you can't get any bigger, you do! (Though I doubt you'll get very big.) Sorry about the swelling--I don't have any advice or information about it, but I'd just call the doctor's office if you're really worried. I did that a few times, and even though I felt dumb, it was much better having a peace of mind and not having to worry anymore. Good luck!

KristenL said...

Geez, you look great! As always! And I think I need to do some shopping with you--I really like that shirt! I'm glad you got to fly off to Hawaii; now hopefully you get back safely.

P.S. I never had swelling, so I have no idea how to help you!

Amy said...

I think it's the swelling all over that is a major concern during pregnancy. It's pretty normal in the legs. I would definitely elevate your legs to see if the swelling goes down, and if not then just check with your doctor.

I had swelling in one leg. And had to wear support hose (especially during my 2nd pregnancy) to help w/ circulation, and as a desperate attempt to stop spider veins from popping up and taking over.

Matt and Tanya Wonderly said...

Jayci - you are so cute! I love the tiny little belly bump! I cant believe you can feel your belly growing! It makes sense I just never really thought about it.. I'm not a mom so I am not certified to give precise advice, however, I'm going along with the others who said to call the nurse so she can answer your questions! It will satisfy your curiousity and calm you down!

Tiffany said...

You look so cute! Have fun in Hawaii!

Josh said...

I definitely don't think having swollen ankles is a sign of impending doom or anything. One thing you will want to keep an eye on is your blood pressure. Swollen hands and feet in the 2nd trimester can be a sign of pregnancy induced hypertension or it can just be one of those things that pregnancy does to you. You look great and have fun looking forward to that little boy. Little boys are so much fun. I'm holding my little one right now.

aubreyannie said...

i say call the doc, too. if you're nervous at all or just have any kind of concern it's best to just let your doc know.

you are SO cute. i don't even see a bump at all. i am so excited for you!!

Leslie said...

You're adorable!! Sorry about the swelling - it only happened to me a couple times & it was on the airplane. I hope it doesn't continue. Enjoy some Hawaii fun for me :)

Darci Buhl said...

You are so tiny! I love it:) I dont really remember swelling that early, but that doesnt mean its not normal. You'e bound to get some at some point.(You should see my feet right now-not even recognizabe). Hope youre doing good:)

Jordan said...

This only looks like you are pushing your pooch out on purpose. You never could do that very well. I can't believe how little you are! And trust me... I've seen some prego chunkers lately. I hope I get to be like you! You lucky duck!

Dixon's said...

I totally agree with Jordan that you are pushing your belly out because all I see is skinny Jayci! You do look dang cute though! I got really swollen with both pregnancies and it started early with the 2nd one. My doc said that as long as the swelling went away each morning I was okay, but still probably let your doctor know on your next visit if you don't call before then. It could just be from traveling too. The things we go through to have a baby! Totally worth it.

rach said...

I feel fat compared to you, you skinny thing, and I'm three weeks behind you. Lucky dog. You'll be able to get back in shape after the baby in no time.

And PS I'm totally jealous that you are in Hawaii right now. I know I can't complain about our weather because lets face it, your climate tops it all, but I really wish I were in your shoes, uh, sandals. Enjoy the vacation; you deserve it!

Candace said...

Oh my goodness, you don't look pregnant. You are so cute.

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! Just you wait until the end then you'll wish you were smaller!

Alec and Tiffany said...

You are so adorable and I love your tiny bump!!

Mars said...

I could have sworn I commented on this. Sorry I feel lame that I'm like last. But you look ADORABLE as always. I'm loving the hair, the outfit, & the little...& by little I mean LITTLE pooch. You hardly even look pregnant. You're SO CUTE. I hope I can be little like that when I'm pregnant haha!