July 31, 2009

the appointment

no progress since last week:
still 1 cm and 50% effaced
lots of mild contractions (raspberry tea & primrose oil)

9 migraines with vision loss since last Wednesday
(thank goodness for priesthood blessings)
24 hour 'fluids' test for preeclampsia underway
results will be in on Monday

Tuesday I will either be:
calling the neurologist (if negative)
scheduling an induction (if positive)

but, no worries!

13 comments:

The Larsen Life said...

1st pregnancies are the best aren't they??? I swear, I had the most problems with Elena. I hope everything turns out ok!! It will all be over soon :) You don't have just a super cute baby to look forward to, but also, as soon as he pops out...all your pregnancy ailments go away too! It's heaven to not feel pregnant anymore and to be holding your baby :)

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon! I don't know how you stand those migraines! I get a headache and I am taking a 3 hour nap! Hope all goes how you want it to. And I can't wait to see pictures of that little baby!

Katie said...

I hope you feel better! I can't imagine 9 migraines in that short of a time. Good luck with all the testing!

Amy said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear about all the migraines. That just seems like a miserable time. Yes, thank goodness for priesthood blessings. I'll keep you in my prayers as well.

Sending you lots of love now...can you feel it?

Holly said...

So sorry for all the troubles. 9 migraines??? How terrible! And have you had complete vision loss? How scary! I'm so sorry! Hope the test results come back okay. My sister-in-law had to do the "fluids" test--what fun! (There's a funny story of how she used up the entire bottle they gave them and so had to use a water pitcher as overflow!) You'll be in my prayers. Good luck! You're so close!

Mars said...

I hope everything is ok & you are feeling better! Just think, in no time you will have a cute little baby boy to make you forget about all this :) love ya!

Jordan said...

yiiikes, you really are in the home stretch now aren't you! the end is in sight!!! I wish I was there to support you, like take you to the hospital or take care of buckwheat while you were there :o) I hope you have lots of help and good friends there for you. I love you!!!

Darci Buhl said...

Gosh I feel your pain. I had those terrible headaches too and they are the absolute worst. I really hope you feel better. Hopefully everything is okay!

Katrina said...

Oh my heavens, 9 migraines! Oh man. Hope things are better this week!

julia said...

poor you.

what does the tea and primose oil do? do i need to get those??

soon you will have a cute little baby - hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there and say some prayers! What would we do without those priesthood blessings?! Good news is how much longer is this going to last for? You are almost there!!

The Mursets said...

Good luck! I hope that everything goes well, and that those darn migraines go away. I got them all the time with Nathan, must just be a boy thing...

C&C said...

sorry about your headaches...though i have a different type, i know how TERRIBLE they can be!!!