July 2, 2009

pizza stone

Yesterday was a Visiting Teacher's opportunity to make a dinner for the family of a new daughter, Ryley. I was wondering how to make two large pizzas without falling over by the time I was done. A friend of mine had mentioned buying Pizza Man's dough for $2, so I went and checked it out! Also while I was out, I bought an $11 pizza stone from Target; genius! It proved FAILSAFE!! Anyone else use a pizza stone? It was an $11 well spent. 

I oiled the new stone, rolled out the wheat-dough, put on Prego spaghetti sauce (my secret, secret sauce - shhh!), mozzarella cheese then the pepperonis (while sneaking quite a few to the Buckwheat). I will be making these weekly, I believe! I just hope it tasted as good as it looked. 

I'd proudly guess it did; because tonight I used the small dough to make a spicy thai chicken pizza. It was scrumptious!! I forgot to take a picture, though, dang it! On it, there was: 

peanut sauce (Padang - it's a bit spicy!)
chicken
red onion
bean sprouts
carrot threads
mozzarella 
and a splash of olive oil

go on and try it!! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that peanut sauce you guys introduced us too....Would you mind sending a couple of bottles to Italy??? J/k

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah Pizza Oh Yeah!

XO, Mark

Katrina said...

yummy!

Mars said...

YUUUMMM!! It's 7 am & that looks so dang good! Then I kept reading...and you made thai chicken pizza (have you ever tried CPK's? It's delish). But nothing beats homemade kind. EVERY SINGLE TIME I eat lettuce wraps or peanut sauce I think of that one time we made our own delish lettuce wraps. Good times. I love you & your love for food as much as me. Now I want pizza for breakfast. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

That looks so good that I wish I lived in Alaska so that I could invite myself over to eat it with you!

Smedley Family said...

mmmm yummy! you're making me hungry!!! i have a stone, but i don't use it anymore. i'll have to crack that puppy out :D