November 18, 2009

14.5 lbs?!

Two days ago, I hopped on the scale, then hopped off.

Then Mark handed me our tall baby, and we hopped on together.

The scale went up 14.5 lbs!! He's only 3 months and 1.5 weeks!

This weekend Mont was cranky all the way from Friday night to Tuesday morning. It was a rough little weekend, and it was the first time in Relief Society I had to back out of the room while giving everyone (felt like everyone was looking) the "I'm sorry" look!

I thought it was a tooth coming up, which I can feel a little rough spot there, but after he was happy again yesterday, and after I weighed him, I think he was just having a major growth spurt. I haven't measured his length in a while, but I think he has to be over 25 inches.

He nurses every 2 hours or so during the day (holy schneikies), and at night he can go 7 hours from the time he last eats before he falls asleep. Then after that, he can go every 3 to 4 hours until 8 o'clock when it's time to get up.

Now we work on getting him to go back to a 7 or 8 o'clock bed time. Hard days in a row (like he had) always get him off his schedule (if it can be called a schedule)!

6 comments:

rach said...

jayci, no, i found that picture online. wish I had though. :)

Hipple Family said...

He still looks so small. Avery just had her 4 month apt a week ago and she is 16 lbs!!! The doctor said she was not worried about her weight.......she was more worried about my back....lol!!
They wonder what I feed her~just breast milk!! She is a chub-a-bub!! She eats every 3-4 hours and goes 10-12 hours at night. I thought she would be thinner?? Crazy babes!!

Amy said...

Sounds like a tight schedule. I always thought it was funny whenever I dropped just one feeding, how much more time I felt like I had. I have a feeling you'll feel the same way...someday. :)

Wow, he's growing! Oh, I tell you they grow so fast...I just keep looking at Dante these days and thinking he's almost two!? As he walks and talks and helps himself to whatever he wants in the fridge and the cupboards!!!

Holly said...

Tucker had a growth spurt around the same time. Nursing that often is hard! Poor little guy, and poor mom. Glad things are going better now! I can't believe how big he is!

Brittany B said...

That sounds about the right size for boys in our family. Hopefully soon his feedings will space out a little. I'm not looking forward to that part, honestly.

Anonymous said...

More baby pictures, please!