April 8, 2010

cookie boy

Mark's younger brother (though, still older than me), Michael, was dubbed "Cookie Boy" when he was young, and he still does the routine that inspired the title. Every time Michael is handed a cookie, he stares at it intensely before taking the first bite. I witnessed it the last time we were all together as a family; everyone else was just used to it after all these years, but I was highly entertained. He was eating Oreos (as you may remember... Mont is also a fan), and would just look over every cookie before dunking/eating it. I had to call him out on it, and it had us all laughing.

Well it must have been passed through to our little boy because Mont sees a cookie and he stares... then LUNGES! While Mark's mom and sister were here, we made Stacey's family-famous Nilla wafer chocolate pudding (golly, that stuff is good). While Stacey and Molly were playing hostesses rather than guests, I was holding Mont while eating a few Nilla wafers while they cooked... I was not expecting my child to lunge at my cookie (he actually missed the cookie and commenced sucking on my thumb's knuckle as hard as he could). Apparently, the girls had slipped Mont a cookie before hand; he was hooked!!

Cookie boy. HA!

4 comments:

Mars said...

haha that's too funny! MMMM cookies. Smart boy already! And um hi that nilla wafer chocolate pudding sounds GOOD!

Word verif: factyper. fact typer? haha.

Jordan said...

He's going to have his MAMA's inclination for sweets, though... I can already tell. :o)

Kristina said...

Ok--I want that recipe!! If you have it. Please. :)

Amy said...

very cute cookie story.