Baiting bears is illegal here in the wild north. So I think my neighbors should be fined - ha ha! Seriously though! They leave this poor little fluffy thing tied up outside (with the garage door open) all day (if it's not snowing or raining). The reasons I have to be concerned are as following:
1. bears
2. barking
3. more bears!
These new renters are not military, so I'm not sure how much they have been briefed on bear safety. Maybe they have been briefed, and just didn't take it seriously? Maybe someone needs to either tell them in person, or send them an anonymous letter informing them of the unavoidable bears in the neighborhood + a brochure on bear safety. I'd be happy to be that letter-writer... : )
In my professed letter I will tell them about my run-ins, mentioned here, here, here and here.
SERIOUSLY... I'd rather not come home and find something awfully sad on your driveway, or you to walk out into your garage only to find a bear stuck inside like my bishop has done. Bathe your dog, and take it inside like the rest of your neighborhood... there's a reason there are no other out-door dogs here!
Kindly and affectionately,
your neighbor.
PS - Also, trash cans are kept inside your garage here, not on the side of your house next to my stairs.
4 comments:
that is TERRIBLE. and bordering on dog abuse. no? i say send a letter. or go talk to them. they need to be kindly told or reminded if they already know.
yikes! Yeah...I would go tell them too. Poor pup!
That's awful! Dogs should never be tied up for hours on end. What horrible people!!
They definitely need a letter, or maybe a call to animal control saying they've baited their dog. Trash cans can also be mentioned in the letter along with the bear safety brochure.
Post a Comment