April 29, 2010
midnight madness
Last night Mont was having another toss-and-turn sort of night. We decided to just get him out of bed at 10:00 because we just wanted to play with him; it was still light then. Around 11, when it was good and dark, and while we were tickling him and laughing with him, I had the thought, "what would we be doing if it were just Mark and I?" .. We'd probably be out driving around looking for bears!!!
So that's what we did (but this time, we took our new little adventurer with us). It was unsuccessful, but a lot of fun. Mont was jabbering the whole time in the back seat; probably trying to convince the bears to get their pictures taken.
Two days ago my neighbor a few houses down was cleaning her back porch windows when she saw two big grizzlies just right on the river! She has a better view of the river than we do from her house. She told me this when I was just beginning to walk, and it was only 2 hours after she saw them, but I couldn't find them... I was both relieved and disappointed. I still haven't seen a grizzly in the wild. Don't you worry about me, either. I had Buckwheat.
...and one big can of bear spray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You live in such a magical place! Magical and cold!
And all bears cower with Buckwheat barks!!
Shwoo! I am glad you were prepared with Bear spray!
You should have her write the letter to your other neighbors about the bear bait. I bet Mont loved looking for bears, too.
Post a Comment