AH! How exciting!!
I have a Hula work-out DVD set that is called "Hula Abs and Buns" but that's not what I'm doing tonight. Tonight... I have a teacher. Our teacher, is a "wholynesian" as her family says (white girl + polynesian spirit is how I interpret it), who danced at the Polynesian Cultural Center.
My roommates did use to say that my hips had a mind of their own at dances. I guess I was born to SHAKE IT. :) ... we'll see if that still rings true tonight.
Update: it was SO fun. I knew it would be; how could it not with the girls in my ward?! Also, it was fun trying to keep up. Nelli would beat on her 'drum' and would say, "Koholo" or "Huli" or "Lele" or "Hela" or ... other things and it would be a quiz every time to see if we could remember what they all were! But the beat, and the swaying and the palm trees (haaaa) were all so beautiful. Maybe I can be like Nelli when we're all done; make it look as natural as breathing!
Now it's time to practice my "vocab words" for the week.
Update: it was SO fun. I knew it would be; how could it not with the girls in my ward?! Also, it was fun trying to keep up. Nelli would beat on her 'drum' and would say, "Koholo" or "Huli" or "Lele" or "Hela" or ... other things and it would be a quiz every time to see if we could remember what they all were! But the beat, and the swaying and the palm trees (haaaa) were all so beautiful. Maybe I can be like Nelli when we're all done; make it look as natural as breathing!
Now it's time to practice my "vocab words" for the week.
On a side note: her mother is my ever-famous quilting/sewing coach - I say coach because that's truly what she is, slash cheerleader. What a cool family!

4 comments:
How fun! In my Zumba class, one time, they did a sneak peak of the new 24 hour hula class. It was so fun and way harder/more tiring than it looked! Have a good time!
OOOH! COOL! I want that DVD! Where did you get it?? Have fun shake shake shakin' it! Your hips don't lie?? PS whoever commented above me...said 24 hour is starting a HULA CLASS?? I hope they have it HERE!
Hula's hard... I tried a hula workout dvd once. But my hips don't have a mind like yours!! ;o) have fun!
no way. that is so cool. i think i'm going to buy a ticket to hawaii today. why not? maybe i should learn to hula before i go. genius!! gosh. your baby boy is ADORABLE.
Post a Comment