April 28, 2010

...off to Neverland!

At our Relief Society's service auction this past March, my friend Marlana bid and won my 10x10 canvas offer. She said her daughter wanted "Tinkerbell." I decided to do old school Peter Pan's Tinkerbell, from the same movie I did my last two canvases.

I'm not so sure I'll do "people" again unless it's on a similar background. What I did for this, was I looked at the opening credits of Disney's Peter Pan, and did one of the background stills. For the Tinkerbell, I used the shot of Tinkerbell flying away from Peter as he was about to grab her in order to sprinkle Wendy, John and Michael. The colors and design of the two different pictures were so different, but I didn't realize until I had combined the two... so the Tinkerbell looks too cartoon-y for this background!!! It was frustrating for me to realize this after I put the background around her.

Though I don't love it as much as I had hoped, I do like the details still. Let me indulge:

"2nd star to the right and straight on till morning": 

Over London (you can see the sparkly pixie dust):

Close-up of 'Tink (her medium - 
chalk, then acrylic, then more chalk 
- I couldn't get it right!):

I like her shoes.. big white pom-poms and a little bit of green:

And like the other ones, I did the sides of the canvas in case she didn't want to frame it: 
And that is numero tres!!

7 comments:

Kristina said...

You are so talented! I can't even imagine being able to do something like that. I think it looks great--Tinkerbell doesn't look too cartoony.

Brittany B said...

I think it looks awesome. Can I pay you to do some for Jameson's room, once I figure out what I want to do and he has a room to do? Actually, he would love Tinkerbell (don't tell Kevin.) :)

Mars said...

it looks great Jayce!! Good work!

Pierce Family said...

Wow, Jayci, you are so talented! I love it!! I tried bidding on that too but it seems everyone had more points than me :)

Taryn Gray said...

Wow- that really turned out great

julia said...

that looks so good! you are so talented. i love the city on the bottom...

KristenL said...

I could learn some seriously cool tricks from you. I think we need to be neighbors (again) at some point in our lives. Please, oh, pleeease?