March 6, 2008

the break up

The past two days here, it has been above freezing = it has been 40 degrees, so the "break up"  has begun. For now. This weekend it should fall to freezing again. The break up is when the ice starts to melt and break apart, as does the snow. Because I meant to take a picture for you all of these extreme roads and parking lots, I had to run out tonight at dusk when I remembered (hence yet another grey set of photos) my mission. You see how thick the ice is? And in the morning when it's all frozen again it's all nice and rounded because of the melting. And that means it's even slicker. How is everything not bashed in? I'm still trying to figure that one out. 

4 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

I don't know how you do it- living in that darn cold weather. I'm a CA girl for sure. Love the sun.
BTW- thanks for changing my link to busy inspiration. And I didn't take the missionaries to Cafe Rio (I'm in CA and they don't have them here yet). I MADE it for them. The recipe is on my food blog here:
http://triedandtrues.blogspot.com/2006/09/cafe-rio-recipes.html

It's yummy if you haven't tried it you should...tastes pretty close to the real deal.

Liz Ann said...

Sorry, I haven't commented in a while. It's hard for me to get to a computer these days. Wow! that is a lot of snow/ice. I don't know if I could handle that. I haatttteee the COLD!

aubreyannie said...

brr. that is all i can say. i'm cold just reading that and looking at that picture.

MC Lewis said...

Wow....the experiences you guys are having. FUN!