March 3, 2008

meet at See's

This morning after breakfast, I had an overwhelming craving for chocolates. Last week (the day we boarded the ferry), I got a box of See's Chocolates, which are my all-time favorite.  They had been frozen the whole journey, so I had to wait for them to thaw. They're delish. And while I was enjoying a sweet piece filled with the softest caramel, I was reminded of what else had happened that day. I had attempted this blog-post last week, the day of, but the internet on the boat was not the best. So a week and a half ago, I wrote: 

Today I had my first blog-meet with my blog-friend Aubrey; she is a cousin of my friend Mauri's. I have now put a face to a blog. It was my first, so I have to admit I was a bit nervous, but she was such a sweet person, she made me feel like we've known each other for a very long time. Very enthusiastic and encouraging. I can tell her kids love her for it. Her sweet children came a long as well and loved to watch Buckwheat and hold his leash as he traipsed around the park. 

After we left my aunt's and uncle's Bellevue home, we went to a QFC (fantastic grocery chain if you ever get the chance to go to one - mom I got you a QFC benefit card already) and then to See's Candies where we met Aubrey. My Aunt Lynn drew us a fantastic map.

Aubrey I'm so glad we got to meet. I'm sure I'll see you again now that my parents will be nearby. Good luck with all this week's events! Enjoy those Ghana stories. 

2 comments:

aubreyannie said...

it was so much fun meeting you as well! i'm already loving hearing of your alaska adventures. enjoy your thawed chocolates..

Super Happy Girl said...

I remember you now Jayci!
:D Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting.
I like your dog.