March 31, 2008

eye glass test

Looking for new frames is one of the hardest things to shop for. Mark and I went to one store on Saturday, and found two frames we both liked on me. One was a bold, funky shaped frame that Mark said made my eyes look oh-so-good. The other pair was a small metal 'hiding frame' as I like to call them (ones that don't make you so claustrophobic). I love them both, but I didn't know quite what to do. One is fun and fresh, the other is practical and perfect for wearing at nights when I just want to read. So what did I try next? The eye-glass personality test, of course!      eclectic                              "From Salsa dancing one night to a poetry reading the next, your eclectic tastes call for a variety of frames. When you're feeling bold and sassy, look for dramatic colors and shapes. Nurture your conservative side with a more subdued pair of metal eyeglasses from timeless designers like Donna Karan or Anne Klein. For the social butterfly in you, don't forget about a pair of sexy frames to take you to evening and beyond."

You see? Didn't help me. At all. 

8 comments:

{krista} said...

OH! I had to take this test since I should be in the hunt for a new pair of glasses, says my eyes who don't see as well as they used to. This test basically told me to stick with the same ones I have... LOL Good to know I already have the pair I should have, now if I could only SEE clearly with them.

aubreyannie said...

this was fun..i am: (surprisingly)

The Connoisseur
Nothing is too good for the connoisseur. You like to experience the finer things in life like extravagant vacations and luxury cars.

regardless, i think it's funny that you liked the two types of frames that the test told you you would.

when i found my glasses, i seriously walked into costco, right up to the eyewear department and took a pair off the rack, tried them on and decided on them. i didn't have to look at any others. wierd, eh? and i love them so much.

KristenL said...

hmmph, it says I'm the adventurer, but I'm not sure I fully agree with that. I'm also in the market for some new glasses...probably because I can't even see the digital clock at night WITH my glasses on.

Just get both pairs, I say.

kris said...

That was fun, I was a classic and those are the types of frames I have!

Jayci said...

Kris - glad you have the pair you are 'destined' for!

Aubrey - you ARE quite the connoisseur if you only had to try on ONE pair. Costco is great. That is where I found the two pairs I like.

Kristen - exACtly. At night when I'm wearing my glasses, I find myself inching towards the computer screen until I'm about 6 inches away from the screen so I can see it! It's so bad. Both pairs? not a bad idea. I wish they were cheaper, then I might consider it. :)

Jayci said...

Kris - that is so great! I'm glad to hear that some people have better luck with finding the frames that they are suited for!

Alec and Tiffany said...

It gave me a list of 5 frames that I need to get for each and every occasion...maybe they would have changed that response if there was an "are you a newlywed" question...for the cost of the glasses they want me to get I will just go get Lasik!

The pictures look great and I love the Moose video! I have a similar one on youtube...see "Jayanca Goat Headbutt" :) (no worries, the kid is okay :)) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=5isiT_kI_Uc)

Marie said...

Sounds like you have to get both!!! You'll have to take a pic with the on (whichever you get) and show us. Take care!