March 29, 2008

sign of spring

On a walk this afternoon with the pup, I found this pussy willow tree on the edge of the forest behind our building. This is my favorite spring-time plant; they're irresistible! 
Hopping around in the tree was this fuzzy little bird and its play mate. My guess was that they were making their nest out of the softest things possible for their little hatchers. 

What are your favorite signs of spring?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you. I love pussy willows. Love the sweet little birds, too.

aubreyannie said...

i love the pussy willows and the cherry blossom trees. but magnolia trees have to be my favorite signs of spring!

Jayci said...

Magnolias are beautiful. Nice favorite sign of spring. :o) Last night Mark and I played Scene It and a scene from Steel Magnolias came on. SUCH a great movie. "Hit Weezer! We can make shirts!! go on, hit her!"

Alec and Tiffany said...

I am so happy that spring is on it's way. The flowers are beginning to bloom, and they are so pretty! Bring on the sun!

Anonymous said...

Besides the obvious sunshine and blossoms? I know it spring when I finally put away the flannels sheets for the cotton ones...and then it's time to start planting my garden! YAHOO!!

C&C said...

i don't know if this counts, but i love NOT having to wear a coat when i go outside!

Marie said...

I know pussy willow BUSHES do this, but you could try it with the tree. When you move, break/cut off a small branch (I do mean small - not somethign that you could hang from or anything!) and put it in a glass/vase of water and it will grow roots and then you can plant it. My family has always had pussy willow bushes. We love the soft little kitty toes and they're so much fun for kids to touch and see. :) Adorable birdie in the pic too!!!