Meet: our camera.
Hear: it's history.
Mark has had this camera (picture found on ebay, under a caption "broken parts only") since he got home from his mission. He said, in about 2003 is when it was purchased. What a noble camera it has been. It even has gone to the Orient with him when he and a few other friends went to China for the Academy. It has been getting older the last few months. Aubrey heard how old it was when we met, and she said, "That is really old... for technology." I think she added the "for technology" part because she saw Mark's saddened face.
Girls drop everything. It's a wonder we're the ones entrusted with babies. It's no exception when it comes to cameras; even when they come with safety, drop-proof straps. Which I wear most times I use it. Poor camera. So, for as many times as I use it, compared to as many times as I have dropped it, it is pretty good odds. Now that you know about my dropping tendencies, I will continue.
I am in the market now for a 'temporary' digital camera. There is a site called "woot.com" that every night at midnight, it showcases something electronic. The amount being sold varies with what it is, but this is what I will be checking in 15 minutes when it is updated. I'm crossing my fingers that there is a nice camera for the price of dirt. This site really is pretty incredible. Click on "product stats" to see how many are selling every hour after midnight. I dare you to check it if you're ever up past midnight.
So long camera, it has been a wonderful few years that we've known each other. You have done a tremendous job in teaching me even the smallest of cameras can be used to capture beauty.
7 comments:
It's a bad day for camera's... I dropped mine yesterday, too. Only it was a new expensive one. I'm going to take it in for repairs, and pray they can fix it for a reasonable amount. I'm just sick to be without it, it was like losing my best friend! I hope you find one on woot... they have some good stuff on there!
Curt LOVES woot, and he beggs me to let him buy whatever they're selling almost every day! I'm sure a good camera will come up soon enough...good luck! (We're waiting for a dyson vacuum...but we're also waiting until we have the money!)
I hope you can find a camera soon--you do so much with your pictures, and I'm sure you feel lost without one! :)
Aww, goodbye old camera!
LOL. i TOTALLY saw mark's sad face when i said that his camera was old. and felt really, really bad. like "way to screw up a blog meet by dissing on the husband's camera" so i added the ...for technology. whoops.
as for dropping things..we should start a club. i had to get a very sturdy camera case to protect mine and i don't know HOW many times i've dropped my phones in my lifetime. hundreds. it's pretty sad.
ha ha ha Aubrey! don't feel bad, it was so funny! I'm actually pretty excited I get to look for a new one. It was way overdue. :)
"....for technology"
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
My daughter (14) had her camera for about 8 months. She totally destroyed it, I bet she had dropped it 100 times before we finally saw it and took it away from her. It was a nice camera and thank goodness we bought a replacement plan, so we got a brand new one :)
I have had mine for 2 years and have not dropped it once.
'Cuase I'm cool like that.
Good luck on the camera search. I also would check www.dodtracker.com and www.slickdeals.net The dodtracker is a web site that tracks tons of sights like woot. Im sure youll find one on there.
Post a Comment