November 2, 2008

Anchorage temple

Before we 'smashed pumpkins' (see last post), on Saturday morning, Mark and I were able to go with the youth to do Temple Baptisms at the Anchorage Temple. Since 3 months after we were married, we moved away from Las Vegas to a land far away from our temples. Both places we lived, both Del Rio and Altus, were at least 3 hours from the temple. We have loved being so close to a temple again. 

I think I'm actually grateful for the distance that we had between us and temples before, because now we really have been able to make the most of it. Mark is so good at getting us to go to the temple at least once a month. I love him for his efforts, even when I wake up early and grumpy on those Saturdays. He understands, and is never frustrated. Probably because he knows I'll be smiling the rest of the day. 

I took this picture Saturday morning at 8:45 before the sun rose. The sun had been raising at 9:30 the last week or so. But since day-light savings time that happened last night, now it rises at 8:30. But now it sets at 5:30. It's so weird! But I do love it. We still have 2 months to lose daylight, but then again, only 2 months before we start gaining it back! 

8 comments:

aubreyannie said...

what a beautiful picture and what good examples you both are!

Marie said...

Gorgeous picture!! You've reminded me to restart my efforts at finding someone around here who wants to go to the DC temple and trade kids there. We were not so fortunate to move to a base closer to a temple. We've still got about a 2 hour trip - it's better, but not in our backyard. Thanks for your wonderful example. I'll be making some calls later today to see who wants to join our family on a trip to the temple. :)

{krista} said...

Wow, that is a stunning picture! You are an inspiration... I live within 15 minutes of two temples and I'm lucky to get there once or twice a year.

katherine said...

that's hilarious about mark spashing pumpkins. that was all the rage in highschool, but it was more like stealing pumpkins and smashing them to make a road block. i didn't do it though. honestly. :) it just reminded me of that.

your halloween party looked so fun! the decor was so festive.

Speaks Family said...

I cannot picture you grumpy. Seriously. Meg

Smedley Family said...

thanks for going for us! did we have a good turnout? your picture is really pretty, minus the people. pretty blue!

Wendy Christensen said...

That's a beautiful temple! Happy November to you ...

Anonymous said...

that is such a beautiful temple and sunset! that's funny that our husbands are the same... crazy guys! lol ps. i love your Halloween costume!