November 25, 2008

needs

This morning, after being at work for about an hour and a half, I got a drink of water. After drinking the water, I reached down into my right pocket for my chapstick. My chapstick that I never leave home without. The chapstick that I always have with me. 

Always. All ways. If I don't have pockets, say, when I wear a dress or any other crazy, unheard of reason, I ask Mark, "will you please hold this?" And he does, because he knows me well enough to just go along with it. 

After reaching for the chapstick, my heart skipped (okay, it only felt like it) a beat and I started the pat down. Then I searched my purse. After a sorrowful realization, I was beat. My chapstick was missing. Lip gloss did the trick until I could go down to the hospital's gift shop and prayerfully search for chapstick. I found this:
Cute, right? It gets cuter. I hope you can enlarge the picture, because it's kind of cute. 
"Break here to smooch-urize." I don't know how to spell smoochurize, but I'd probably spell it "smoochErize." 

After giving in to my need, I realized all my other "nonsense needs" that really just stem from comfort. Driving home I had a whole list of them. But here are a couple that are along the same lines. 

1. non-snagging fingernails (files, clippers, I've even used band-aids or scotch tape until I can get home to a nail clipper). Tessa, you know all about this. I can't STAND fingernail snagging. It makes my smoocherized lips tight and my eyes water. 

2.  non-snagging, dry skin! This is a HUGE reason why I have hated silk for so long. I am slowly getting over this hate for silk or satin. Lotion and cream is my need when this problem arises. UGH. More watering eyes... 

Okay, that's enough. I'm done torturing myself! I need more chapstick. 

2 comments:

aubreyannie said...

oh man, i totally agree with you. dry lips and dry skin drives me nuts. i can't fold my laundry if my hands are dry, it drives me nuts, so i always lotion up. luckily i live in the climate that doesn't require a lot of lotion, eyedrops or chapstick. happy thanksgiving tomorrow!!

MC Lewis said...

I am the EXACT way with my chapstick!! I freak out if I dont have it.