Doesn't this look so delicious?? I want my turkey to turn out like THIS one. Tomorrow I'm not cooking my own. We've been invited by some friends of ours to enjoy their probably delectable turkeys. But I WILL be cooking my very own, very first turkey on Friday; solely for the purpose of left overs and midnight snacks for the next week... or five. If you have any tips for easy, yet delicious preparations, please share! That is, if you have ANY time for blog-surfing on this blessed Thanksgiving Day. If I don't post again about my turkey, just know, it probably did not turn out like the one above. Here's to dreaming of drumsticks!
3 comments:
Yum. I love turkey. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Let ME know how it turns out...either way.
I'm the one doing the hosting for the first time this year, so I get to do the turkey. My step mom has done her turkey the "brown paper bag" method for years. I did some research on it and I guess some people seem to think it's dangerous with the fumes or something, but hey, if my moms done it for years and it hasn't killed any of us, I'm sure it can't be that bad. Anyway, there's no basting which I was all about...so that's how I'm doing it! Good luck! Happy Thanksgiving.
I've also heard if you flip the bird over and put the breast down it turns out good. Then the breast sits in the juices the whole time. Good luck!
Post a Comment