I was woken up at 5:00 by a call from my fun Grandparents. I knew they'd feel bad they woke me up, so I called them at 7:00.
My mom and dad called me at 6:30 and sang beautifully to me. It really did sound great!
Both Tessa, my little sister, and my good friend Mauri posted specifically for my birthday. I loved both posts and appreciated them more than I thought possible. Thank you, both.
After a calm morning of reading, a warm shower, and cozy fires, I went to quilting class where I worked on some pj bottoms.
Then I went to Qdoba for lunch. mmm!
Then I went to the BX and picked out a cute 3-ring notebook for all my primary piano music for the program this weekend - yikes! I still have a lot of practicing. ... oops.
After the BX errand, I went to 'refill' on my Vitamin D stock at the tanning beds. I know I know, but you have to admit that Alaska really is the only place that tanning is GOOD for you. I noticed that my pale skin has started to look normal to me because I saw tan people recently and thought, "how strange they look." It was a shock to realize just what that meant. I'm pale. Bella-type pale.
After talking to Mark's family, and being sung to, I talked to my Grandma Judd who sent me jelly for my birthday - it was perfect, and just what I needed for a nice breakfast this morning with my toast.
Then I finally came home to my cute pup. He had fun outside and needed a bath when he came in. When I was cleaning up after the cute pup was all fuzzy and free, Mark walked in! He was supposed to be flying! He had pink roses and a chocolate cake in his hands. He received a kiss from me and I received trick-candles. My first ones, and I was so frustrated!
Then he pulled out a box - a box that contained... MY NEW CAMERA!! I am so jazzed bout it. It will have to be another post entirely. He helped me decide which one will be perfect for me. I'm so anxious to start pushing buttons.
After all the sweet tears were dried after reading his sweet card, he swept me and Buckwheat (and his pillow) off to my favorite Anchorage restaurant: Pad Thai for Kung Pao Chicken. So yummy. It's what I'll be eating for lunch tomorrow.
I came home to Christmas Lights Galore, and a call on our home phone from Jodi C. saying she was on her way over. She brought FOUR loaves of my most favorite bread ever and a cinnamon wall-flower. I am so delighted.
I have 1 friend (Kristen) and 1 cousin (Brittany) to call back tomorrow! I am so excited to talk to them. SO many people emailed, called, and texted. I am truly blessed to have so many good friends and family members. I love you all. Thank you for thinking of me on this 'normal day' that turned out to be extraordinary.
22 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad that it was such a happy day for you!!! I can't wait to see what kind of camera you got!
happy belated birthday! Everything sounded so magical! Wow! 23! You young thing you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Today is Chris' birthday too! That's how I remember yours! And Mark and I have birthdays back to back too! Ya'lls b-days are so easy to remember ;) I'm glad it was a happy one! ...I can't wait to see your camera too! I want one! :)
Happy B-day
Happy Birthday Jayci! I'm so sorry I forgot yesterday! :( It sounds like you had a fantastic day--I'm so glad! It's always so nice when you're not expecting much for your b-day, and then everyone makes it so special for you.
Sorry I haven't commented on your blog in awhile...I promise I still look at it! (I just don't have as much time in front of the computer as I used to, so I usually just read.) Thank you for all of your nice comments and support on our blog, though--you are such a great person!
Have fun with your new camera!
Happy Birthday!!! Glad it was great, and filled with friends, flowers and good food!!! Who could ask for more!!!
Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fabulous day. And a new camera, too? How fun!!!
I am so glad you had a happy birthday!!
Happy birthday to you! can't wait to see pics with the new camera!
Happy B-lated Birthday! sorry, I haven't been blogging for a while, we've been through all kinds of sickness here...I'm glad to hear that you had such a great day! Mark is definatly a keeper :). I can't wait to see what you take pics of!
Happy Birthday. I didn't forget on Thursday, it was our enrichment night and I had just come back from Branson, MO so it was a hectic day getting everything ready. Miss you and love your blog.
happy late bday!!
You are loved. Now, get to your piano practicing ... ha ha! (It's the piano teacher in me coming out.)
Happy happy birthday! It sounds like it was awesome! Thats great! You deserve a super birthday! Love and miss ya!
jayci, happy, happy, happy birthday!! i am so glad you had such a fun birthday..you totally deserve all that love! i loved mauri's post about you. it was so sweet and oh so true! i can't wait to see your new camera and see it in action!! woo-hoo. happy birthday!
So glad that you had such an awsome day!! Happy belated birthday!! :)
Cant wait to see some stunning new shots on your new camera!
Happy Belated Birthday!!! It sounded like a wonderful day!
I can't believe you didn't tell us at quilting that it was your birthday! When you learn how to use your camera come tell me how to use mine. I can't believe your only 23! I am a big 29 this year. Oh yeah.
happy happy birthday! it sounded like such a nice day! can't wait to see pics from your new camera!
Haaaaappy Birthdaaaay (imagine a sweet vibrato in the aaaa part) Jayci!!! I still cant believe you live way up in Alaska! ...bein a desert rat and all, like all us other Vegas-ans. I guess I'm in freezing Utah so I'm one to talk. But hey, its the end of November and it was 65 today, not bad. Its good to see you guys are havin fun!
Happy Birthday!
Happy late birthday woman!! LOVE reading your blog, it's great to be caught up on your life!! 23 will be a great year!
Post a Comment