November 2, 2008

hello, November!

I love November, and not only because it is my birthday-month. It is such a cozy, comfort-food-filled month... but not if you're outside like these pumpkins were for 2 straight weeks. Let me introduce to you, pumpkin ice: 
Like "every other boy" (as Mark reminds me), Mark loves to break things. In fact, when we were dating and talking on the phone, even before we met in person, he had mentioned that when he has kids, he wants to have an "Annual Break-Things Day." Sounds glorious, right? Sure. If you're not the person cleaning up. And I told him this from day one. So here he is launching his pumpkin from the third story deck:
The fall; notice the 'lid'? It's near the bottom of the photo: 
The aftermath of both broken pumpkins. Mark is hoping a Moose will do the clean up, but if not, he will be. ha!
Even Buckwheat was enjoying the show. This is his usual look-out spot from the balcony. It took me a while not to be nervous about this; his shoulders won't fit. And if you go up behind him, he still gets scared like a good little boy. It's a healthy fear, right?: 
Goodbye October, and hello, November!

7 comments:

C&C said...

I love your costumes. I love smashing pumpkins (not the band...), and I love the temple. it is great to have it close. it is also great to have it a little ways away so you never take it for granted. i love your blog!

aubreyannie said...

how fun! i don't think breaking things belongs solely to guys..i love to do it too! happy november!

AKmamaof4 said...

Okay, so whenever I'm going crazy here by myself with 4 kids I'll just go over to your house and throw a pumpkin off the balcony. What a good release!

Chell said...

That looks like so much fun! Hopefully the moose do the clean up!

MC Lewis said...

Oh my gosh I think my Mark would love to do that as well. The weather looks beautiful!

Beth said...

Oh what fun! It is so weird to see a frozen pumpkin because here they are all sweating! :) I think your kids will love the annual-break-things-day! What a good daddy day!

Smedley Family said...

haha too funny! when i worked on the train as a cook, on our way back to anchorage we'd take extra food we didn't need and huck it off hurricane gulch, a major canyon and watch melons split open or fish get beheaded. there's something fun about it, but definitely not fun to clean up. should we call mark a hooligan if he doesn't clean it up!? lol