August 5, 2009

the appointment

Results: I don't have preeclampsia!
No migraines all week, so I am going to hold off on the neurologist consult for a while longer

Dilation: still 1 cm
Effacement: 75%

Contractions are still very frequent and getting stronger (today marks the strongest yet!), but not consistent enough to cause too much excitement.

Other baby fun news:
Last night I washed the first little bunch of baby clothes and blankets (1 from a crafty roommate), the sheets to the "Moses Basket," and it was so much fun folding up those teeny clothes. The teeny clothes are going into the hospital bag. What is left is only my personal things and pillow. Crib should be finished and reassembled tomorrow! Nesting is sort of fun.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Good luck with everything. Just think...it will all be worth it for that little man!

Jordan said...

oh no.... kristen's in the running too! man I TOTALLY lose this competition. well, this all sounds so exciting! love the teeny clothes while you can- once he's born he's just not gonna stop growing, and then one day you'll look back and wonder how he ever fit into those little teeny tiny outfits. TELL me you have some teeny baby shoes... those are the best part!!

Brittany B said...

Remember to pack food in your bag! Hospital food is not the best and it only comes every so often. Plus, your husband needs snacks too. I packed granola bars and stuff, and my mom brought me a box of clementines. I think I ate the whole box in the hospital. Hope the contractions either get closer together or go away. Those are no fun.

The Udall's said...

wow, I didn't even know you were pregnant, let alone due any day now. Congratulations, sorry about the long wait...but that's the way God likes to do it. I remember reading in St. Matthew about a week and a half after the due date with my second, "no man knoweth the hour the Son of Man cometh" and I thought, how true that is of childbirth!

The Olsen's said...

You are almost there. Soon you will be holding your little one in your arms. We are thinking of you!!!

Taryn Gray said...

We are getting so very excited for you both! Please, Please, please let us know if you need anything!

The Olsen's said...

heard a rumor from my friend in Alaska that you had your baby. Make Mark post about it if you can't. Your adoring fans want to know!!!