Signs that Summer is still here:
the leaves are green
...even if the glacier will always remain a whitish blue:
moose calves are still our neighbors:
sweatshirts are blasphemous
(even if your arms have goosebumps!):
bees are still buzzing:
California Poppies are still basking:
...
Signs that Summer is leaving:
wild daisies are few and far between along the sidewalks:
fireweed is no longer a brilliant shade of magenta.
It now looks like kindle you'd use to start a fire:
leaves and berries are darkening:
you can't tell if you like butter or not,
instead, you make a wish:
Buckwheat begins practicing his "black-cat" stance:
...
9 comments:
cool that you live in place where you can start sentences with, "The glacier..."
Your pictures are amazing! Beautiful place, beautiful family (you're a real FAMILY now with a child!!)...What a beautiful world you live in :)
hahaha that was funny with buckwheat! your dog is one of a kind :) you look awesome by the way and alaska doesn't look too shabby either.
a) Your pictures are gorg!
b) Alaska is gorg! It looks like such a magical place.
c) Buckwheat is too cute.
sigh for summer.
[more of a sigh of relief in these parts...summer has been quite grueling, but fun]
LOL! "his blackcat stance"?! thats just too funny! your little dog is too cute and brynn still talks about seeing him. she remembers all dogs from random places and gets mad at me when i dont!
grrr, im not looking forward to winter...you will have to give me pointers as im dreading the lack of sunlight and crazy amounts of snow!
I like, I like, I like! I'm so behind on all your posts! Hopefully I can get caught up soon. I miss you!
I think Mats and I need to move to Alaska, I need trees and more than this ridiculous endless summer in Las Vegas... and I'm sure Alaska would remind him of home. Whuddya think?! (You look GREAT by the way!)
Amazing pictures! You make me want to visit Alaska so bad! And Buckwheat is just too cute.
Post a Comment