August 9, 2009

Reeder's Digest

Mont Martin Reeder
Born: 6 August 2009
Time: 5:41 pm
Weight: 7 lbs 2 oz
Height: 21 in
Week: 38.5 weeks
Notes:
epidural given to relieve back labor at 6 cm
feet are longer than my thumb
toes are straight!
dark gray-blue eyes

I think he looks more like my Mark rather than my self:

leaving the hospital 8 Aug, 4:30 pm:

Almost 3 days old, taken this afternoon:

46 comments:

The Willis Wonder Years said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Jayci, he is SO adorable!!! Him and Matthew were exactly the same size at birth. I am so glad it all went well and that you are at home now with your little family ready to start this adventure we call parenthood. Savor every minute Jayci. He will be a 1 1/2 and having tantrums before you know it! ;o) Love you all and are so happy for you!

hairyshoefairy said...

He's beautiful, Jayci!! Congrats! His blanket is so cute. I hope everything went well and you're all home and happy.

Anonymous said...

congratulations! what a cutie pie! How were your experiences with labor?

Joel and Larissa said...

Congrats! he is so hansom!

Katrina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is beautiful! I hope you'll write more about the birth. And I hope the recovery is going smoothly.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

He is STUNNING! I made an audible gasp!

Congratulations!!

Ryan & Lauren Nelson said...

Congratulations! He looks so precious!! We are excited for you guys and hope everything is going great for your cute family!

AKmamaof4 said...

Welcome to Parenthood!! You guys look so happy!

Katie and Blake said...

Congratulations. He is perfect! I am so happy for all three of you. ahhhh congratulations again and again!!!!!

Marie said...

Congratulations!!! He is absolutely beautiful!! I am excited to see all of your posts to watch him grow and change. What a blessing he is to your little family. I am SO happy for you guys!! :) Hugs!!

Jordan said...

you can tell I'm excited cause I'm commenting all over everything! but you're right... he's a mini-mark (in my opinion!) I am so glad you're home and healthy. I miss you TONS! love you!

Holly said...

What a little sweetie! I'm so happy for you and your amazing family, you deserve every moment of happiness Mont will bring to you and Mark :).

Chelsea said...

What an awesome little miracle! I love him already!

Chelsea said...

oh and PS... welcome to the rest of your life!!! It's the best!

The Mursets said...

Hi is so cute! And you look fabulous. I hope you recover quickly! Congratulations!!!

Holly said...

Congratulations!!! He is ADORABLE!!! Seriously! He is so cute! I'm so glad things went well and that you're both healthy & home. You look fantastic! I love the little blanket he's wrapped in for the last picture. What a little miracle! I hope maybe you'll share the rest of the labor story??? Congrats again. Motherhood is wonderful!

Amy said...

Congrats! He is a handsome, studly little fella. I just am so happy for you all. New mom, new dad, and one lucky little guy to have you for his parents.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! He is really beautiful and already looking like his daddy. Mark looks so proud! You'll have to have a post on what labor was like! Good job Jayci!

Matt and Tanya Wonderly said...

Congrats!! He is so precious!! We need more pictures for sure!!!!

C&C said...

CONGRATULATIONS! he looks adorable.

The Olsen's said...

I am so glad he is here safe and sound. He is adorable. And now take this advice. Don't do anything that you don't absolutely have to do for the next 4 months. Just enjoy every moment with your little one, because the time flies and looking back you really won't care if the dishes were done. This time will never come again, and even with the next child you will never have the chance to soak in this little person straight from heaven. Congrats!!! He is a darling and you are going to be the most important people in his life....for a long time!!!

defining amy said...

he's beautiful!! congratulations!! you look wonderful, and i know you are an amazing mom. i'm excited to watch him grow up on your blog.

Larkin Family said...

Congrats! Mont is such a cute name and he is such an adorable little boy! You are going to be a great mom. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new adorable bundle of fun!!! He sure is a cutie, and loving that blanket.

Welcome to Mommywood!!

Mars said...

For the 10932583208953 time...he's SO CUTE & CONGRATS! I'm in love with him & I haven't even met him. He's soooo precious! I think he looks a lot like Mark too. Glad you guys are doing well!! Love you!!

Word Verification: schip...made me hungry for chips haha

Hipple Family said...

YEA!! Congrats!!! So happy for you guys, I love the pics!

{krista} said...

Jayci, he's gorgeous! Congratulations!!!

rach said...

JAYCI! That's wonderful! He's perfect, absolutely perfect! I'm so glad he came a little early for you...splendid. I hope for such luck. You look great, too...

WOW. That's all I can say. WOW. I bet you can't get over it, either. It's just so weird that you spend so much time being pregnant, and then all the sudden you have a baby. I'm going through shock right now. I just didn't think this moment was going to come!

Kristina said...

What a beautiful little boy!! He is adorable. Congrats!!!

The Leck's said...

Oh he is so darling! I especially love his airplane blankie. Like father like son huh! I hope you are Mark are doing great. Mommyhood is the best! Enjoy your little sweetums!

Liz Ann said...

He is so precious and I absolutely love the muscle shot. Conratulations!!!

julia said...

you had your baby!!! he is so, so beautiful and perfect. and he came early (i am hoping for this too) which is great for you. i'm so happy everything turned out well, you got drugs, you survived, and have this little adorable boy. i'm so happy for you both.

Dixon's said...

We are so exctied for you guys. You will be a wonderful mother!! I have to say ditto to not doing anything you absolutely don't have to in the next few months because you will NEVER have this chance again. Oh, to only have one baby again...I feel bad that you had to spend THREE days in the hospital. It must be so nice to be home. We wish you the best and hopefully lots of sleep!

Alec and Tiffany said...

Congrats!! We are so happy for you. Mont is adorable. Such a beautiful baby. We can't wait to see more pictures!

The Eggintons said...

That is so exciting!!! We are so happy for you guys. You will love being parents it’s the best. Very hard at times but it’s all worth it. He is beautiful! I love the airplane blanket, too cute.

Smedley Family said...

i heard you posted pics!! im so excited to see them. he is so cute!!! congrats girly, i hope it all went well!!!

Adventures in Petersonland said...

hooray! jayci, he is PERFECT! glad to see that all is well! i can't wait to see the little guy in person. and his name mont?! I LOVE IT!

Kristina said...

Yeah, the second picture is pretty close to the actual yellow. I'm getting a sewing machine for Christmas and then I'll make curtains!
Ok, so seeing your little boy again made my heart melt. He is so precious and handsome. You must be so happy!

Aaron and Celina said...

He is SO SO SO adorable!! what a little cutie! Congratulations! i hope you're feeling good!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family you are! Welcome Mont! And Jayci... Slow down on posts and get some sleep! Ha ha

Congratulations to you both! May the next couple decades be wonderful! He is breathtakingly handsome!

Terra Bingham said...

I am so happy for you guys. He looks awesome! Congrates, if you need anything just let me know.

kT said...

Yay you guys! We think he is absolutely adorable!!! So glad he is finally here with you. Hope you getting enough sleep. :) He is about 2 1/2 weeks younger than ours - hopefully they can meet and become friends in the future. Congratulations!!!

Taryn Gray said...

We are so very happy for you all! He is a cute little man. Enjoy it- they grow up so fast!

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful...a perfect mix of both of you!

aubreyannie said...

aaah! i'm so excited for you. he is darling. i want more DETAILS!!! congratulations!

KristenL said...

Handsome little man! (Sorry I'm a little late on the congrats.)