August 27, 2009

house quilt - trade day

Today was trade day at quilting! All the house squares turned out so, so well! I am so glad that Jodi had the idea to do this. Now I just have to find a quilt pattern I like to put it all together.
Here they all are:

the light-house:
the school-house:
the Alaskan-house (mine):
the bird-house:
the tree-house:
the ice-house (igloo):
the dog-house:
the mushroom-house (toadstool):
the beach-boys'-on-the-road-house (VW Bus):
the hermit's-house (hermit crab):
the bee-hive-house:
the pineapple-under-the-sea-house:
the beach-house:
the out-house:
the haunted-house:
the fish's-house:
Now how to put all these in one quilt?? I'm thinking a light green or yellow for the background. It will take a long while before it's begun or even completed. We are beginning our Christmas quilt next Thursday, and I am still hand-quilting my middle-eastern quilt! Another project for another day. For now I will just smile as I look at all its cuteness!

8 comments:

Mars said...

CUTEST SQUARES! I love them all!! Ah I'm so infatuated with all the cool quilting fabrics & the plethora of colors. Seriously. I heart. I think yellow would be cute background. Or black (boring I know, but it seems like it'd make all the colorful squares pop). I can't wait to see what the Christmas one will look like, and then, I can't wait to see all of these complete! :)

Word Verification: cireexpe
looks like creepy to me. with a few extra random letters like x haha!

Kristina said...

So cute! You're very talented!!

Amy said...

Wow! I can't wait to see the finished project. How fun!

julia said...

love them! especially the outhouse and pineapple under the sea house, because everyone knows that you haven't lived until you've lived in a pineapple.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how to sew, shameful I know! But you sure have a gift for it because it looks amazing and I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like!

Katrina said...

Wow! So much talent. And such creative squares from everyone. I'm totally impressed that you quilt.

Chelsea said...

This is beyond cool. i want to do this...how can we do this?!

Adventures in Petersonland said...

im so bummed that i wasnt a part of this! such a cool idea to make a house quilt.
now if i could only figure out how to sew...