September 6, 2009

in sight

While nursing Mr. Mont last night I saw the beautiful moon
through the late summer trees at 3 am:
I saw a cloud above the river at 7 am:
I saw that Buckwheat was awake with the sun and me at 9 am:
At 11:30 am I saw one of Earth's smaller creatures outside my rain-stained window:
Then I noticed this creature doing something I desperately wanted to do...
nap on a soft pillow:
even tired, it's a glorious Sabbath.

6 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

I understand your pain! There is nothing to describe just how tired a new mom can get... Hang in there! It will get better with time!

hairyshoefairy said...

I especially love that last photo. Yep, it't amazing how often those little guys can eat.

Chelsea said...

What a fun post! It's crazy how much time we spend nursing. I'm glad you documented it this way! Get rest you crazy girl!

aubreyannie said...

beautiful views while you nurse. i have beautiful sights and sounds while nursing my little one, too. though, the sounds are a tad too distracting for her lately..she just wants to be playing with max and ava rather than nursing.

Mars said...

oooh! I love the pics Jayce! Alaska is so pretty! Which is why I must visit one of these days...soon hopefully! Happy sabbath!

Kristina said...

I love this post. I don't know anything about breast feeding, but this sweet post gives me a glimpse into the 24 hour demand! I love that first pic. You are so good at photography!