
We got to explore a bit of our surroundings today. We drove about 40 miles east to a Nature Preserve where there are Buffalo, Longhorn cattle, and Elk that roam free. It was a beautiful, warm day and I saw a lot of grass that I was so excited thinking that it was wheat, until Mark said "nope". I think that the fields of wheat have already been harvested. too bad.
At first I was surprised at the realization, "Buffalo?? here?? in Oklahoma??" well, I guess this was where they roamed free before the White Man killed them all for their skins, right? I only thought they were in Montana or Wyoming in Yellowstone National Park. While we were hearing about the 'wild' Buffalo in this preserve, we heard about Hamburger Heaven! If you know me and my love for Cheeseburgers, you can understand why I was thrilled. I actually found a short clip (click here to see it) that shows the passionate Longhorn Cattle farmer who owns the restaurant explain why his burgers are the best. and here's a fun fact: the table that the cowboys are sitting at is the exact table Mark and I sat at today!
9 comments:
how fun! it sounds like you had a fabulous day exploring your new digs.
Hey Jayc! So glad you found our blog! You know that problem you were having not being able to find ours? I knew it was like that....how do I fix it? I'm a dork and can't figure it out.
So was the hamburger you ate made out of cow or buffalo meat? (I've heard it's actually pretty good.)I like to try all kinds of different foods (at least once) when I travel.
Aubrey :D - our digs, YES! it was a lot of fun.
Crista - I'll look to see if I can find out and if I can, I'll let you know soon! :)
Linda - it was made from Longhorn Cattle. Buffalo wasn't on the menu. I agree with you. I've tried Kangaroo before at Roy's. It had to be the best meat I've ever had! The longhorn hamburger was incredible though!
Hi Jayci!! I finally got your blog link from your comments and I can't wait to read it all. You write really well - I enjoy blogs most when who they are shines through and your writing is definitely you! We miss you tons, and I was going to call you yesterday, then I thought, "Mark's home, I'll wait until tomorrow." So - I'll be calling sometime around/after lunch today (maybe naptime would be best!!!):) Take care!
You just made me want a cheeseburger! yum! I am glad that you are having to much fun! We miss you!
Marie- it was great talking to you today and catching up. I love how you are so good at keeping in touch with people. You will make it easy for me, and I look forward to our next phone call :D
Beth- it was, seriously, one of the greatest I've ever had! I miss you guys!
haha Jayce...you and cheeseburgers. I love your cheeseburger obsession :) It makes me smile. Sounds like so much fun! I love how you guys get to have so many fun adventures. Seems like you learn a lot about other states and history too. I need to get out of my box of knowing nothing more than Colorado history :P
Post a Comment