September 8, 2007

Texas


To remember all the places I am going to live, I decided on a 'method of remembrance' to help me along this journalogical path. This method involves me, my camera, a li'l bit 'o luck and some nice light. I have always loved to take pictures. Although I wouldn't put any gambles on my talent of photography, I still like to think I can recognize something pretty. These somethings pretty are what I hope to photograph wherever we live. There will always be something unique about the places we call home, and I thought it would be nice to take some pictures (good enough to frame? we'll decide that one later).

I have babysat this entire year for a family off base. The mother of this family has an exquisite home that feels very comfortable when you walk through her doors. She has an English Pointer hound (a slightly overfed girl named "Lady") with warm green eyes greeting you in the foyer of her Mexican architecturally styled home with English Country decor. Sounds like quite a mix, eh? She pulls it off very nicely. Around her home there are fields of tall grass and other country homes that resemble more of the age of Mark Twain. I was always captivated by the scenery around this beautiful home (both inside and out). As the summer progressed, the grass grew taller and as the sun was setting last night, I stepped outside while the 4 children were playing with toys inside, and snapped some pictures of the old wishing? well they have in their yard nearest this grassy field I love so much.

1 comment:

Mars said...

darn, I missed probably my only opportunity to ever visit someone in Texas. Sure looks pretty!!