::Mark turned 25 (Aug. 16 '06)
::Celebrated our first Thanksgiving together (Nov. '06)
::I turned 21 (Nov. 13 '06)
::We found and adopted little Buckwheat (Oct. '06)
::It SNOWED in Del Rio (Jan.)
::Celebrated our first year of marriage (Feb. '07)
::Mark is pronounced an official pilot (July '07)
::We visited the Alamo and saw a lock of Davey Crocket's hair. it was strawberry blonde if you must know (many times throughout the year '06-'07)
::Mark got his civilian's pilots license (Aug. '07)
::Mark turned 26 (Aug. 16 '07)
::I finally learned how to use a digital camera's settings (Aug. ... this year)
This is my blog tribute to the fabulous state of Texas. It was a beautiful, historical, and enthralling adventure that I am proud to have encountered. These are are just a few (too many!) pictures that will always remind me of Texas:
This is the speeding train that passes outside of Base 2-3 times a day. One of my life aspirations is to someday meet a train conductor. I've meet all sorts of people but never a train conductor!! They're pretty elusive.

A submerged tree at Lake Amistad. I never am not amazed when I see a tree under water like this. And I loved the sparkling water, so there you have it.
In Southern Texas, when you look into the brush, there are so many little cacti like this one. I don't know how the deer can walk around it like they do without bleeding everywhere. It's beautiful cactus, but yikes. 
When I was taking some photos of the Reed's backyard field, I saw this little old coccoon and it reminded me of ALL the bugs and butterflies here in Texas. I don't know what crawls out of this little space, but it will reminds me of Texas.
As it is in Utah around spring/summer time, hundreds and thousands of wild sunflowers bloom all along side the highways. The summer was beginning to dry out when I decided I better take a picture of one, so that is why there are other 'pedal-less' ones around this bloomer.

I don't know what kind of grass this is, but even if it IS a type of wheat, you need to know it WAS taken in Texas... whatever it may or may not be. I loved the white grain against the blue sky!! Like all the country songs say, Texas does have the biggest sky I've ever seen.

The seasons are just BARELY changing in Texas, but this leaf was caught in the gate when I was giving Buckwheat a haircut and I felt sorry for it. If you can feel sorry for a little leaf. I probably would have pressed it, but it was already brittle.

Here is one of the last views I had of Texas. This was snapped on our drive from Del Rio, TX to Altus, OK. This was in part of the southern Hill Country. It was picturesque. So long, Texas!

5 comments:
i love, love, love that leaf picture. it's beautiful. i hope you enjoy oklahoma!
What a cute post and BLOG!! Thank you for stopping by at my blog! I hope its ok if I keep stoppin' in?
Thanks Aubrey! I think it's one of my favorites too. We're enjoying Ok so far! It's beautiful and the people are friendly.
Lauren, I'm glad you stopped by, girly! I'm always up for new blog-friends.
Jayce I looove the pics. I'm STILL sad I didn't get to visit you in TX. Maybe Oklahoma...or ALASKA! For our fresh salmon fishing and eating adventure!
No pictures of rattlesnakes, mosquitos, or scorpions? You probably won't miss those :) Love the pics!
Post a Comment