
The night of the ogre party, I was saying goodbye to a couple girls who were there and Leslie said, "wait! you're leaving?" (she's the one in the middle above). I guess my uncontrollable crying in church a couple of weeks ago during Fast & Testimony Meeting, when I said I was leaving in one more week, passed over the heads of more people than I thought. My cry-voice must need some work. So right then and there, Leslie, Nichole, and Cheris decided I needed a formal Going Away Party. I was so surprised, and thrilled! I said they shouldn't because I was just a student spouse, and usually that sort of thing is held only in honor of IP wives! I was so excited, as you could guess. The next morning, the two hours before we left Del Rio, were spent in the presense of my close Del Rio friends and nieghbors. It was an honor to have so many show up and say their final farewells with a kiss on each cheek.
Sorry again to all of you to whom these pictures don't mean much. Just skip them and wait for my next post.
Nichole H. (who helped in the planning of this Goodbye), yours truly, Chelsea L. (who would you believe just had a baby!?) and Mary Ann A. who just donated her long locks to Locks of Love.
This one looks totally posed. and it was.. excuse the finger, I can't remember who took this one. Nichole, I think it was you!! haha bloopers of film, I suppose! Here is me, Nicole Q., and Christina G.; Nicole and Josh will meet us up in Alaska in February. SO exciting!
This one's for you, Marie! I cropped it so you couldn't tell I was *sshhhh* bending over. Now it just looks like I'm a hunchback. I'd have kept the original, cuter one, but I had to keep my promise of cropping it. haha! you're hilarious. Marie has been my visiting teacher this past year!
Parties with these girls means lots of good home cookin! Notice the rice-crispy turrets from the birthday cake the night before! And all the yummy fruit, doughnuts, and breakfast casseroles. I am one lucky girl to call all these gourmet chefs, friends!

Here's a yummy close-up: 
On the left is Jessica S. from the primary picture, and on the right is Erin U. who's due date was a few days ago. Her little girl is going strong!

Here is me and Holly with her baby Cameron. Do you recognize her from the baptismal pictures? See what I mean about time flying??

And lastly, here is me with Kathryn, Christina, and Cheris! Right after this picture was taken, Cheris jumped across the people and said, "Oh! that was my bad side!" yeaaah right. :D

5 comments:
how sweet of them to do that for you! what is an IP wife? and i rarely bear my testimony in fast and testimony because of that same fact. it's just high pitched screaching through my tears and no one hears what i'm saying anyway.
sorry i didn't explain that in my post, I realized I should have after the fact. An IP is just Instructor Pilot. At that air base there are sudent pilots (only there for a year) and then there's IPs (who are there for 3-4 years). That's why it was such an honor. Sorry you're a screacher, I think I just murmer inaudibly when I cry, I don't know which is worse. thanks for the pop-in!
Looks like you guys had some super fun, nice, and cute friends. Maybe when I'M a military wife, SISTER, (wink wink) jk- I'll get to meet fun people like this and have goodbye parties :P
What fun! I wish I could have made it to your "real" going away, I can't remember why I couldn't, but I really did have a reason (blame the memory loss on post-pregnancy mush-brain)!! You're too sweet, too - not telling everyone why I really made you crop the photo :)
haha! I'm glad you liked it. It seems like that picture was taken just yesterday! I can't believe how much has happened since then. How sad! I'm normally not this sad about leaving a place. I just have to keep reminding myself that there's still fun things to do, right?
Post a Comment