September 15, 2007

Reeder's Digest

We have arrived in Oklahoma! If you look at the south west corner of Oklahoma, you can see Altus, and this is where we will be for the next 4 months before we go to Alaska. We drove in late on Tuesday night (the same day as the Formal Goodbye at Leslie's House) after a 7 and 1/2 hour drive from Del Rio to Altus, Oklahoma.

We got in and stayed at a fun little place called Friendship Inn. It took dogs for $10 extra per night. The carpet was really soft if you were willing to take your shoes off, and after we picked up all the dead or dying bugs off the floor, it was quite nice.

We woke up Wednesday and went apartment hunting. Our prayers were answered! We show up to an apartment complex that didn't have anything when I talked to them before and they just opened up a one bedroom furnished apartment on the bottom floor with yard access. It really just fell into our lap and all the sudden we had a silver spoon in our mouths.
Everything is working out swell.. except one thing. Buckwheat has been having a very rough couple of days. Yesterday he couldn't walk b/c of two shots the vet gave him, and today he hasn't been able to keep anything down. I'm worried! Here's a picture of Mr. Igor yesterday holding a "get-well-treat" from a new neighbor:
On an up-side, Altus is a beautiful town. There are cotton fields behind and in front of our apartment, and there's a Christmas Tree Farm 6 miles away. It's charming! Pictures will come soon.

7 comments:

Mars said...

Poor Buckwheat. I'm anxious to see pics of this Christmas tree field...hmmmm

Ashley O said...

HI!!! YES please do pop into my blog anytime you'd like!!!! I like your garden pic! yer too cute!

Anonymous said...

You are better then "The Travel Channel"! Keep it comin'...

Christina said...

I am so jealous that you get to live in all of these great places that actually have seasons. I hope Buckwheat is ok, and we're glad that you're doing great!

Beth said...

I love the ogre pics. Thanks Jayci. You are so great!

Marie said...

Poor Buckwheat!! I hope he's doing better?!?!?

Jayci said...

yes! thanks, Marie! He's back to his old self again, thank goodness. Except now he goes crazy every evening because he's just about had it in this apartment. :P