September 25, 2007

a first


Fashion is ever changing, and once there is a style I like, I've decided I want to be a bit more risky and jump on board. One of these trends has been skinny jeans. I don't know if its the 'edgier' look they give, or if I just think they're more comfortable.

There is a saying that fashion travels from the East Coast to the West Coast, giving Europe the appropriate recognition in our clothing inspirations. I'll say I'm in the middle of the country, so I had to wait a while to see if I was really into the jeans or not.

My sister and I tell my mom to stop wearing the jeans that are tight around the ankle, and then what do we do? Go get some jeans that are tight around the ankle. Fashion... or at least what we think is fashionable. What a circle of life.

I had a great picture of me wearing these skinny jeans. Mark took it for me when we were on a walk last week at night time. I was standing in front of a path-light so you could really only see the profile and my shoes. It was pretty artsy-fartsy. Then my computer was shut off poorly and I hadn't backed up those pictures yet, and they were gone. are gone.

Here is a make-shift picture, until I can replace it with a better one. I just had to share a new pair of jeans; a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do.

10 comments:

aubrey said...

i think they look great on you. too bad that other picture got lost, but this picture is perfectly fine, too! i'm not sure if i can get into the skinny jean thing. where did you buy those?

Jayci said...

Forever 21. They had a few different pairs, and even these fit a little low under the shirt, so I just wear longer ones. :) I have long legs too, I was thrilled to have found these.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jayci. We are both on the same blogs everywhere so I thought I would come check yours out. Very interesting stuff! I have not been able to be gutsy enough to try those jeans, but I admit I am tempted. I think they look great with flats and on skinny girls. (which is you and not me at this moment !). Keep doing that trend, because they look good on you. :)

Jayci said...

Thanks Stacey! haha - how far along are you now?? that is much more fun than a pair of skinny jeans :)

Jamie Smith said...

They look good! I agree with Stacey- you have to have small hips and skinny legs. You can pull them off! Now imagine if I tried them right now- HA! I'd have this big ball of a stomach hanging over. Nasty. :)

Jayci said...

haha!! Jamie i forget how funny you are. :) You are a hoot. I'm TRYING to pull them off. I still have to get used to them. I really wish I had the 'good photo' back. It made me feel oh so good! :P

aubrey said...

oh, i really need to head there to get some fall stuff. thanks for the tip. i will try them out.

Marie said...

Can't wait until I can fit into a pair of jeans called "skinny jeans"!!! :)

Jayci said...

Marie! you're so funny. With how you've worked out since daniel, I'm sure you could fit into them a week ago!

Holly said...

You look so cute in those jeans! I don't think I could ever pull it off (I'm too short and stout!), but I'm happy that you can!