March 7, 2010

10404

Here's my old house! We moved into this house when I was just about to start High School, and two years ago my parents made the move up to the North West. So it's been a while since I've seen this house; and it was where Mark and I met. So while Mark and I were visiting, we took a joy ride to my old neighborhood. We wanted to see if our favorite gate guard was still there... he was! So we gave him a cinnamon roll from my Grandma.

Here's Quentin, giving me his classic wave for a picture:
A baseball player bought our house, I think he used to play for the Red Sox.. yep. Just googled his name. I actually was in lots of classes with his daughter Katy in high school. They were going to regut the whole house!! I didn't want to knock on the door and get Quentin in trouble, so we just did a 'drive by.' Out in front he had this cute (?) statue put in the courtyard of 3 kids huddling during a baseball game. Dad, you should get one for the yard!
Lots of things were different. The color(s) of the house, the gates, the hedges are different, a tall tree is gone, the garage door color, and even the driveway color! If only I could have peered inside!
aaaahhhh.. my mom and I were just talking yesterday about the color of a Las Vegas sky. That blue is only found in Las Vegas; even a Utah sky is a slightly different color. Las Vegas blue skies are beautiful.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I remember this house so well! it was beautiful! I'm sure your parents new house is just as pretty. Love that your favorite guard was still there! awww. I love/hate driving past my Colorado house when we go back. Like you... too scared to look inside. But its not because a baseball player lives there!

Anonymous said...

Oh sad! Isn't it weird when you see other people in your old house...totally weird to me but cool to see how people look and do things differently.

Another sad note...next time you are in town you need to call/facebook so we can do lunch or something!!! It's not everyday an old high school friend comes in town from Alaska! ;0)

Kristina said...

WOW--your parents are rich! What a beautiful home. And I love that statue--so sweet.