Thinking of something I could auction off, a friend suggested some jewelry. I haven't beaded since before Mont was born. But I didn't want to do just anything. There is a necklace I have had a screen shot of for a while now on my desktop. Here's the picture of what I wanted to do:
and from the side:
And here is mine:
It's a bit different but the idea is the same, plus I included earrings. I tried it on, and I really, really like it!
Oh it's nice to have beaded something after such a long little while; Mont got sick (ah! scary) while I was beading, so I bought a few tools and took off to my home to nurse him back to health with hopes of finishing this at home. He is feeling better and as you can see, I was able to finish the jewelry!
Do I hear one dolla, two dollas, five dollas to the woman in back!


12 comments:
oooh!!! LOOOVE IT!! The colors are fab! Ah I wish I had time to craft...one day...
What a pretty necklace--you are so talented!
Great job, they turned out beautiful!! I was wondering how you learned or where you do the beading? I have always been interested n beading but I dont know anyone who does it so I dont really know how to go about starting it. Any suggestions?
Melanie - I just looked up a bead store around my town and asked if they let people just come in and bead. If you did the same, I bet there would be a couple shops around town where you could go. That way, you'll have expert beaders around the shop whom you can ask all sorts of questions. That really helped after it had been so long since I had beaded.
I wish I was in your ward! That is so cute!
THanks for the info! I checked out a few stores that offer some free classes. They all say I need the same things...bead mat, beading needle and fireline. Are those usually more expensive at these specialty stores or could I just find some on Michaels?
Such talent! My birthday's in April...
xoxoStephanie
sooo.. I think you can find that stuff at Michael's or Joann's (where I get my usual things). I don't even use a fireline OR a beading needle.. so if you want, you could probably do without. But I do use a mat! Those beads can go everywhere! I use needlenose pliers, fine wire cutters, round nose pliers... annnd... something else.. Little things if you're interested: head pins, crimp beads (or crimp tubes - essentially the same thing, different look), jump rings (for charms - i love those). I think that's about it! :D I'm excited for you!!
Thanks for all your help! Good luck at the auction..Im sure it will be a hit!!
Wow, that is absolutely beautiful! Great job! I'm sure it will make someone VERY happy :)
I'm wearing it right now! I'm so glad ihad enough points to bring this bad boy home. You did such a good job and just like Mark Aaron didn't understand why the hoops aren't centered. I told him it's fashion!!!!!!
beautiful! your talents are endless! and what a fun idea to do a service auction.
Post a Comment