March 7, 2010

gardens

Here are a few pictures from our little dilly-dally to the Bellagio Gardens on our way to the airport. Mark was quick enough to snap a picture before we passed and after we passed the Las Vegas sign; they have now set up a "picture-place" underneath the sign. Pretty neat that they did that for tourists; much easier than running across Las Vegas Blvd dodging traffic then standing on rocks and dirt to get a picture with the sign!

As always, the flowers in the Bellagio gardens are breathtaking! I love the look of orchids; they look almost fake they're so perfect.

This one was weird - almost reminded me of colors you see on exotic butterflies. Weird, huh:
This one looked like wax to me, how the pedal edges are a little jagged:

Now for the set ups. Nee-how-ma (I don't know how to spell that; Mark always says it though):
Panda bears:
Chinese Lanterns were everywhere! 
Then they had lots of them strung together above the walkways:
It was pretty fun acting like tourists there. Another parent holding a young boy asked us, "how is your boy adjusting to Vegas?" Mont didn't know what to do when the sunlight would hit him in the face - since then he's learned to cover his eyes with his fists, but at the time he would make a sour-like face and turn his head as far to the left as he could. Poor guy!
Till next time..

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I love chinese lanterns. That's why I had them at my wedding. And those pandas are just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.