March 10, 2010

world market



My favorite store is Cost Plus: World Market. 

I was telling friends just last night that when I showed this store to Mark, 
and saw that he liked it, I knew we were gettin' hitched. 

Mark laughed awkwardly and said, "what a great reason to marry me!" 

Well.... it was one of many other reasons, of course! 

While in the lower 48, we raced over to one of these fantastic stores 
and I snapped some iphone pictures (I know, I know.. but it was the fast thing to do) 
to remember what I liked. 


Fabulous toys for a little boy, right?! I know! They were very heavy. 

This fun little ruler-drawer would be a hit in my imaginary craft room:

Mark saw these two clocks before I did. They were tucked in the 'art section's' corner. 
I love clocks.. I rarely wear a watch, so I need them all over the house! 

At first glance while looking through my iphoto today
 I thought this said, "Breast Milk"
Whoops. 
I like this a bit better. Moooooo

I love elephants. 
I'm not quite sure why, but I always have! 
I think it's how round they are? 
Something protective (or dangerous? ha ha) 
about how huge they are. 
They are good mothers. 
They are mindful. 
They are gentle (unless you're a lioness... 
then they're just scary). 

Anyway, here's one with a clock attached. An elephant never forgets.

So on to the furniture. Mark and I used to have a table very similar to this one. 
But it had termites. 
Seriously! From India
Serious again!
I love the table we have right now, but it is awfully formal. 
I like formal. 
So if we ever have a formal dining room, 
that's where it will go. 
And THIS one will go in our informal 
eat in kitchen. 
Love those benches!

Our wood is so dark all over our house, 
and even though we adore it, 
we are thinking of introducing more woods into our 
... 'collection.'
Isn't it pretty?

Here is the buffet in the same collection: 
oooohhh so pretty! 

Also, in our 'next home', 
perhaps we'll have 
an outdoor living space. 
Wouldn't that be lovely? 

And for that outdoor living space, 
maybe we'll have some chairs like this:
or this: 
Wouldn't that be nice? 
I'd put up some wind chimes 
around a wood fire-pit? 
You could bring the mallows. 
I'll have the chocolate 
and graham crackers. 
mmm

10 comments:

Valerie said...

I have never heard of these stores before but now I definitely will have to go check it out! And I love elephants too, Ty has a big stuffed one that we got a picture of him 'riding' for his newborn pictures, so cute! Anyway, hope you're doing good and thanks for the post!

Chelsea said...

Cost Plus World Market is soooo you!!

Mars said...

JAYCE! I'm totally not making this up...but this morning while I was curling my hair I thought about Cost Plus World Market and how I'm sad the one by me closed and that I needed to tell you about the sadness. NO JOKE. And I get to work and check the blog and wa-la! Your post was about World Market. Oh I love ya pea pod. And I love everything you pictured above. LOVE LOVE LOVE that store!!

Anonymous said...

Ya I think I need to take a trip there now that you did this post! That store is amazing!

Kristina said...

Mmmm, Cost Plus. Love love love. That elephant clock is so cute! And hot much are those adirondack chairs? I want some patio furniture, but I'm not willing to splurge on the expensive stuff at Lowe's, etc. I think I'd do one white one, one turquoise one, one black one, and one red one. Like my living room! Or maybe two green and two black or whites? Ahhh... loooove. That's why we're (blog) friends!

Jordan said...

I just love your taste! We are big on the dark wood, too. Can we go shopping together, pleeeeeeeeease?! ugh I just miss you so much!!!

Brittany B said...

I thought the clock said the same thing. Maybe because I'm sitting here pumping while reading your blog. Sorry, tmi?

Smedley Family said...

that is where i got my couch pillows thanks to you for telling me about that place! loved it!

aubreyannie said...

i LOVE world market. one of my favorite places to browse. that's where i got the lantern in our living room that paul turned into a pendant lamp. such a cool place.

aubreyannie said...

oh and i love those adirondacks.