This little bear hunter took his parents out on a trip so he could meet his great grandparents and an uncle. It was a great trip, but too quick. As they always are. Above was a picture of Mont in the Anchorage airport. you'll have to forgive most of these pictures were taken with my phone!
Mark is finally able to see his flyer-son. Mont did great (again) on these flights; all but the flight home, he was happy. SO happy. It may have helped that we were able to take his car seat along for the ride.
Mont's "conditional" Matador ... or MONTador ... costume. Mike brought it back from Espana! It's "conditional" because if/when Mike has sons he wants it back!! I can't blame him, it's too fun. Toro!
First look at Grandpa Reeder; it had been since October, so Mont needed to rememorize his face:
On Monday we jaunted down to Las Vegas to see my family. It had been 2 years since I last saw them all, and it was well past due for a visit. My Grandma let us stay with her, and it was so much fun. She had planned a dinner for us to see everyone.
Not a great picture of yours truly, but my Grandma just looks so happy here, so I had to put this one up. She is so happy around babies! And here are two granddaughters plus three great grandchildren for her to love on.
Even Megan was able to come to the dinner with her son and husband (her son William is only 2 days older than Mont - no it wasn't planned!). He is one CUTE little guy; hilarious and full of the best kind of energy - happy energy. He was grabbing Mont's hands and trying to eat them while Mont just stared at him. Maybe next time Mont will be able to keep up!
On our way back out to the airport, we swung by our old dating grounds and saw the Chinese New Year in the Bellagio Gardens. Still impressive, but not as elaborate as we remembered; I guess no one is safe from this economy!
More air travel landed us back in Utah once again.
And that just means more playing. Here is Mont atop Marty's shoulders at Grandma Reeder's house "on the farm." I love that the Reeders still have a working farm. I outfitted Mont in his plaid just for the occasion:
Then it was time to meet the Bensons. Here is Mark's Grandpa Benson, who is also his namesake. Mont has a lot to learn about his family!
And he has lots of toys to play with:
After lots of visiting, Mont learned to fall asleep in many different places; one of which, I loved to see. I love seeing Mark's family and my family interact with Mont. It brings out sides of them that you never were able to see as a child, but now get to see as an adult. Beautiful Stacey - too young and beautiful, I say! Check out Mont's thigh!! Holy ham bone:
One night before we left back for the white north, I met up with two of my freshman roommates. I love and miss these girls often. They are both in Utah, and though Ogden to Provo seems like a snap to me, these girls don't see one another that often, so it was a treat for us all!! They are still hilarious! and mighty small I might add. Jordan. Go eat a cheeseburger. oh wait, you did! haaaaaa
It was such a great, but ultra fast week. Tessa, we didn't get any pictures again!
6 comments:
I'm SO glad you could squeeze us in! I love that we can go two years without seeing each other and fall easily back into our "old" ways. :) I had a blast. You are beautiful, Jace, as always. And I love that beautiful boy of yours. I'll try to keep in better touch, okay?!
goodness. that IS a busy week. my favorite picture of all would have to be the one with grandpa reeder. i love mont's face. he is so sweet and i'm glad he was good for you on the airplane!
Did I not post good pictures of you?! WHAT warranted this one??! Kristen's comment was very sweet... if I could get past the embarrassing picture, I would say how much I loved seeing you and wish it happened more often. But I know you had better ones than this so... comment denied! Still love you though. :o)
How cute is that Montador!
That last picture is precious. That's all I'm saying. Downright adorable.
agreed. the last pic is just darling.
let me know if you ever come to california! maybe in year or so we can take the boys to disneyland. you know, when they actually get it. :)
Post a Comment