Luckily for me, Mark is a sweetie. He spent all day doing his own chores, but then also did laundry, vacuumed, cooked dinner...
... and surprised me with these!! He hung them while I was at work. Yes they are different heights because the windows are different heights + we needed them to the floor at the sliding door. Summers here are bright! Thank you, Mark!
PS - a lot of you asked, so here's a little of my reasoning for quitting. Mark and I have been hoping for a pregnancy for some time, and with it 'underway?' we knew we would want to take advantage of this time we have just us. Not that we haven't been doing it anyway, but now it's crunch time! :) So we are planning a couple little trips and I just want to relax for a little while. I have 4 more work days left (since I get Thursdays off), and afterwards I plan on painting canvases (seeing how it turns out will be the adventure), sewing (working on my quilts, and stockings), lots of walking (no slipping!) with Buckwheat, lots of cooking (I have lots of gathered recipes I'd love to try), lots of books to read, and 9 days of school to finish after my last day of work. Then I will be done with both my degree AND work! Hallelujah!
7 comments:
Happy 3 year anniversary! And I'm proud of you for leaving work to spend time together and relax. Having a baby is the most wonderful thing in the world, but it definitely changes things in your relationship. Enjoy this time together for the last time just as the two of you, and then welcome the joy of parenthood! As hard as it is, it is so rewarding, and Tucker has brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined. I'm so happy for you guys--you'll be great parents!!!
I loooove your house... can't wait till we get to do that! Happy 3 years!!! I can't believe it. so tell me... was the first year the hardest?... seriously.
Happy anniversary and congrats on taking a break, having some fun, and getting your degree!!!
Great curtains!! Congrats on finishing school! That is awesome! ANd I think you are VERY smart to use the time between now and when the stork drops off your baby to just spend going on trips with Mark and doing all the things you want to do. I worked up until 5 days before Matty was born, and honestly, sometimes I wish I had finished sooner (for the very same reasons you mentioned). Happy anniversary to you and Mark! Miss you guys!
Wow! No work and no school. Your life is going to be great! And you'll be the best mother this side of the Mississippi.
happy 3rd anniversary! {we had ava just twelve days after our 3rd anniversary.}
i think quitting your job to give you some time to finish projects is a fantastic idea. i quit my job about two months before ava was born and loved having that time to prepare my home and her room and get organized.
and yay for finishing both your degree and work! you are awesome, jayci!
oh and i LOVE your living room/dining room area. your couch and pillows and curtains are so classy and beautiful! hooray for husbands who are handy around the house!
Post a Comment