February 8, 2009

tai pan trading co.

Store stop #1 in Utah was to Tai Pan Trading, Co. When we were on a rush around with all of the family in St. George, my sister in law wanted to see if they had something she was looking for. I don't think they did, but she did come out with three cute yarn balls. 
When we went back to SLC, Stacey satisfied my curiosity and took me to browse: 
I like that quote! Cute. Below are what was in a big part of the clearance section. I was on an orange kick that day, because these looked glorious. I still love the color: 
Yes, I love horses. Yes, I love books. Horse-head book ends? PERFECT! They were too heavy to get back home in my suitcase... I still need to check online. 
More orange. They had cute little set ups like this all over the place. I would love to throw in these accent colors around my house. So far I have yellow, and a little orange. When I finish working, I really want to get down to business and put out a lot of paintings for us to hang around our house. Then I can add colors and change it up whenever I'd like!
Oh, and these lovely little plates caught my attention. Again, I just had too many things to take back with me to AK. So ... I'll just have to wait. 
They also had a LOT of cute spring stuff out already, but I'm going to hold out on you until Spring shows herself up here. 

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Jayci is back!!! I love that you're blogging again. Well you always were but it hasn't been like this for awhile! I love getting inside your head again!

Keep it up!

oh, and I've been loving orange too!

aubreyannie said...

i LOVE that orange green and yellow vase and pottery display. LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

I love Tai Pan. Fun stuff, totally cheap. I was just there on Thursday with my mom and drooled over those plates, too. Glad you're back and blogging again.

Darci Buhl said...

I so want those dishes. Everytime I go I drool over them...maybe someday:)

Nicia said...

I love that quote too! In fact, I was in the play it was from. Know what play it was? ....Twelfth Night. (in case you cared) Tai Pan is the greatest store EVER! I miss it tons.

Mars said...

Ah did you know I LOVE this store? My aunt & mom go there allll the time & I love it love it! Plus its decently priced. I'm def stopping there when I go to UT sometime in the near future! I hope you find those horse head book ends!

{krista} said...

I love TaiPan!!!