February 1, 2009

good eats

Since being pregnant, it is a good excuse to give into my spicy food cravings. I don't use it as an excuse to gorge - because I don't want to gain more weight than I have to!! But hello yummy little restaurants!

1. Rubio's: I thought these little rubies were only in Las Vegas! But as my lovely sister informed me, they are ALSO in Utah now! If you are in the area of Rubios - go enjoy. on me. but don't send me the bill. ha!
2. Cafe Rio: Another yummy mexican grill. Not as yummy (don't throw eggs!), but I can blame that on myself. While my meal is yummy, I just don't think I order the right thing. I like medium salsa, but green salsa is just not my favorite. Let me know what your favorite Cafe Rio menu item is! Maybe I'll try it my next time in Utah. 
In Seattle, when my mom and dad took me and Mark to Joeseppi's, we finished our dinner and my dad insisted on ordering us the chocolate cake. When the waitress rounded the corner, and we all spotted this monster (picture actually is at an angle that makes it look smaller), my dad was the one that probably laughed the loudest! It was about 7 inches tall!! 
On the way to Seattle, I was already not feeling well. So I browsed the selections of breakfast foods, all that smelled sugary and yummy, but I wanted substance, not sugar. So instead of a breakfast something or another, I wandered into a little gourmet bistro-express. It hit the spot, this little sandwich. That and an Odwalla fruit drink (strawberry and banana is my favorite). 

5 comments:

aubreyannie said...

ah the food cravings. i'm surprised you are actually craving things..and holding the cravings strong. my first trimester cravings involve instant craving, getting the item, then gagging and never wanting to see it again. it's a viscious, mean, mean cycle. i have/had a fave restaurant up the street with meditteranean food that we would go to once a week and i ate there in my first trimster and can't even stand the thought of their food now. it's so sad.

p.s. i've never heard of this place you talk about in seattle. is it good? where is it?

Anonymous said...

Wow! That chocolate cake looks like it could kill you. In a good way, though. :) I've wanted to try Rubios, but have only been to Cafe Rio. I get the taco salad there with the house dressing.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Mmmm I love Rubio's! I have one across the street. The street tacos are the best.

I want that piece of ginormous cake, soooo bad!

Anonymous said...

Love the cravings don't you! I was all about the spicy as well. I ate boneless buffalo wings weekly unfortunately. ha. Anyways, Cafe Rio I really like their salads surprisingly enough and its great folic acid for you and baby. Its the dressing and the tortilla on the outside of the salad that gets me I think, but it's a winner. Let me know what you think if it sounds appetizing.

Tiffany said...

I crave food and I am not prego! ANd by the way CONGRATS!!! I am sooo excited for you!!