The woman I sit next to at work, Hope, is such a healthy eater!! She cooks for her and her roommate almost every night and half of their entire meal is a steamed vegetable. Well, sitting next to her for so long, I was hoping something like that would rub off. So she'll be proud when I tell her of my Sunday Adventure. Here's how it went down:
I followed the instructions and rinsed all of the beans (bought fresh from Costco-yum)…
After they were tender enough (poked them with a knife), but still a little hard (b/c I like to think they retained a lot of the nutrients that way), I put them in the casserole dish with the lid on to wait for the rest of them.
When I was finished with all that I wanted to cook, I added 1.5 T of butter, salt, lots of pepper, and a touch of garlic powder (you may already know I don't like cooking with garlic! It reeks. and so does the person who consumes too much of it!) Stirred it all together and VOILA!
So just incase you're one of the ladies too scared to steam.... I hope this little mini tutorial helps. It was just as easy as Hope said it would be. And they turned out so yummy I may do it every night this week for my dinner's vegetable.
7 comments:
Those do look good. I don't much like garlic on veggies, I probably would have used a lemon pepper seasoning or something, but I bet yours were yummy!! I've only used my steamer on broccoli. Now I want to pull it out for some other things!!!
Mmmm. I love beans, especially steamed ones. I'm glad you're learning to like your steamer. :)
these look delicious!!!!
I really love vegetables, and I would love to have a steam week with you!
You really truely are my pea in the pod! Costco's fresh green beans rock my socks. Ok yeah I seriously just said that...anyway. I LOOOOOOVE THEM. We have them a lot & they are awesome. I don't know if you eat bacon & if you don't, dont gag but my mom has a recipe where you cook them with bacon in the water & they are freakin good! If you wanna try it sometime you should. Seriously good. Yours look delish too! MMMMMM!!!!!
You are cracking me up. I am so glad you have discovered steaming. It is the best way to cook vegies.
Try putting some fresh grated parmesean cheese on it next time! Yum......or if you like sliced almonds.
i absolutely love steaming and cooking fresh green beans. in fact i just bought two bags and whole foods last night. they just don't compare in the least to frozen green beans. yuck. and i'm a hater of garlic because of the stinky smell but it is so delicious. i especially like mincing fresh garlic and frying it up with my asparagus or green beans. yum!
{we got takeout from a meditteranean restaurant on friday night..they have the most delicious garlic dip for their pita bread and they cook with tons of garlic in their food and it is delicious but for days and days i SMELL like garlic..even after showering...it's rather stinky..pun intended.}
Post a Comment