February 1, 2009

reunited

The week after Christmas, the week of New Year's, Mark and I were reunited with his brothers and sisters and parents for an immediate Reeder-Family Reunion. After flying to Salt Lake on Monday morning, we drove to St. George for 4 days. I didn't realize how much I had missed the south west. So warm and sunny! 
I still wore my coat because I was pretty sick, and didn't want to make matters worse. 
The house that we stayed at was the Reeder's neighbors'. It must have been one of the development's model homes because it had everything picture-perfect. All the fun sort of trinkets to make it feel like a picture.  
We got to see the sights of St. George, including roots that have grown too far out: 
But more importantly, the temple in which I was sealed to my wonderful family: 
When we went to the original Pizza Factory, I called my dad to see if the owner, Bill still worked there. Dad said he did, so I asked the hostess if he was in. He and my dad went to high school together, back in the day. He was on vacation with his family, so here's the note I left for him. I took a picture for you, Dad:  
Mark might be a tad embarrassed that I chose to put THIS picture up, instead of just sending it to Mike, his brother, who will get this joke. Outside of the Pizza Factory, there is a place called Jake's Old House. When Mark says the name "Jake," unless it's to a friend named Jake, he says it like he's about to spit some tobacco. I think it started with the John Wayne movie. Here is what it looks like when he says the name, "Jake": 
We also got a little tour of Brigham Young's Winter Home. This was my favorite little place in the house. I love the yellow, and look! the drawers are numbered: 
and a little close-up:
It was a fun little trip!! Thank you Stacey, and Marty!

5 comments:

aubreyannie said...

how fun! it sounds like you had a lovely time and those pictures you too are beautiful. we are heading to utah this summer for some family reunions and i am really excited!

The Larsen Life said...

awww, that first picture made me so homesick for Utah! I still forget that you are a blonde. That pic of you n' mark together...you look sooo pretty!(not that you weren't before) but I love the new color. Your bringing blonde back! I'm so sad that we missed ya'll. Ya'll got to Utah RIGHT after we left. :( Maybe this year we'll bump into each other.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I love the numbered drawers! What a darling idea!

You and Mark are so cute together :)

Jordan said...

Well, I'm STILL bummed that I didn't get to see you when you were here. Stupid Utah weather. But, it looks like you had fun!! I think its interesting that even though the drawers are numbered they are out of order... how funny. Really cool though. I wish you would come visit more often. Love you... and your roots!

Jordan said...

I guess maybe they are supposed to go backwards.